Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich 2 Wanderers 0

Super Bock

It wouldn't but it would have been a big help as we can't score to save our life, scorers are the best sticking plasters and can help cover a multitude of sins.

I agree with you, but I'm not sure he would be that man. He's a decent striker, but not sure we are creating enough for him to score many.

• Moderators

Got my figures wrong. The higher the figure the tougher the opponents. I had it the other way round. In the last 8 games we have had the toughest set of fixtures

Av.opp" (current season only) figures show the average strength of the

away sides entertained by each team at home and the average strength of the

home sides visited by each team playing away - the higher the figure the

tougher the average strength of opponents played so far. ALL FIGURES AND

CALCULATIONS HERE BASED ONLY ON THE LAST FOUR GAMES IN BOTH "HOME" AND

"AWAY" SECTIONS.

Is that a reason not to sign someone? We're shit so let's not sign someone who's better than what we have, don't follow your logic.

I do t know, I try to be nice...

The logic is that we need more than ALF, we need to find our best 11, our best formation, a consistent back four and a bit of fight.

None of that would be dealt with by simply signing AlF. The work is needed closer to home - a striker might help, but it isn't the complete solution.

Pretty sure Lennon said we couldn't do the deal because of finances, which means we tried and failed anyway. We didn't simply pass over signing him.

Is that logic enough?

Theres a website I go on that tells you the average league placings for the teams we have played. Will try and post a pic. We have had the easiest fixtures in the league and the table is correct

Easiest means nothing to us

We can't beat anyone!

Keep it simple...

Neil Lennon - 1 win in 21, who keeps their job with that record?

The players - A team who can't string 5 passes together do not deserve a wage never mind the title professional footballer.

Eddie Davies - Anyone who slags him off can fuck right off, he has ploughed a personal fortune into this club. Plough as much as he has into the club then you can have the right to slag him off.

Phil Gartside - He earns a wage off the club, so what? He frees up the money Eddie says he can. Just a public puppet for the club.

Every part of our current scenario is a mess with no light.

Eddie Davies is killing the club currently and I will gladly fuck off when my season ticket runs out if him and Gartside are still 'running the club' next season. No point in putting yourself through this shit if the owners can't be arsed.

In reply to Kent, yes I do expect Eddie Davies to take the £175 million he owes HIMSELF away, no other fucker is going to pay it are they? and I seriously doubt he will be that much worse off if and when he walks away. 

The only glimmer of hope I have is that we are close to be bought because I cannot see any other reason why NL hasn't been sacked yet the football is crap tactics are crap and the players don't look interested it's like freedman is still in charge!

• Moderators

Eddie Davies is killing the club currently and I will gladly fuck off when my season ticket runs out if him and Gartside are still 'running the club' next season. No point in putting yourself through this shit if the owners can't be arsed.

In reply to Kent, yes I do expect Eddie Davies to take the £175 million he owes HIMSELF away, no other fucker is going to pay it are they? and I seriously doubt he will be that much worse off if and when he walks away. 

lets say hes willing to write off all the debt

and nobody knows for sure

if i had 100 million, like he had, i still wouldn't buy it

we're losing money hand over fist

We could sell £70 mill worth of assets and buy our way back to the premiership :)

But nobody know what the debt is and how it has come to this astronomical figure. Saying the answer is in the accounts is disingenuous. No fucker can make head or tail of them really. How much has Eddie made in interest on his loans? How much of it is a tax dodge involving his other 'concerns'.? What are the value of our assets are they included in the debt. One other poster said the debt is 'only' actually £8 million owed to the banks. When is a debt not a debt?

Nobody is going to buy us I agree on that, only a madman like him at Leeds. So where does that leave us?

At the end of the day, you can't expect to be winning many games when you sign players like Heskey, Madine and Ameobi. If we had signed ALF, I have no doubt we'd be in a better position.

Tables from last season to this season at this stage:

14/15 season

https://gyazo.com/9019a28c7730e13063a8dc3b9fe56e64

15/16 season

https://gyazo.com/3b7d5d268f7a7d7b1ca68798fbe71414

As you can see, we're losing less and conceding less..... but we're scoring less than last season. As I said, not surprising when you bring in those certain players.

The stats above show were improving defensively under Lennon losing less and conceding less, that's despite having probably one of the toughest set of fixtures of anyone in the league, if we could throw a goalscorer in the mix I truly believe we'd end up mid table, if we'd have got Le Fondre I really believe top 10 and with momentum top 6 was an outside possibility, that's why I was so pissef off when it didn't happen. If we sack Lennon now or in the near future and based on the tough run of fixtures in the first 14 games I feel it will be utter madness. Those who've decided Lennon ain't the man I believe need to show a little bit more patience.

Said it before, why should clubs like us and QPR have a divine right to be bankrolled by someone. I am sure Barnsley, Bradford and other clubs of the like would have loved the backing Eddie Davies historically gave us and the results and adventures it bought.

Unless someone else decides to throw money at us its our turn to live within our means, which means cutting costs even more

Said it before, why should clubs like us and QPR have a divine right to be bankrolled by someone. I am sure Barnsley, Bradford and other clubs of the like would have loved the backing Eddie Davies historically gave us and the results and adventures it bought.

Unless someone else decides to throw money at us its our turn to live within our means, which means cutting costs even more

That's a fair comment.

Suppose it goes back to the old lyric...

If we hadnt seen such riches we could live with being poor.

Sacking Lennon is lunacy - the silence from gartside and therefore Davies is loud and clear for me - that deal is closer than ever

I hope you're right, but if I was a betting man, I would bet on there not being anything close to a deal being on the table. I hope I'm wrong mind.