Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers V Bristol City

EyesRight

The Bristol lot seem to know quite a bit about the state of our club. :dribble:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/172791-boltons-woes/

"Back when they were in the top division, Phil Gartside was always one of the noisiest voices calling for "Premier 2" and an end to relegation to the football league. This was because he knew the way Bolton was run made them completely unsustainable without Premier League income.

When they still had Sam Allardyce their model of paying huge wages for ageing stars (see also Pulis, Tony) was one that kept them punching above their weight. Without him, they were paying huge wages for mediocre players and now they've lost their main source of income. They're probably in quite a lot of trouble."

The Bristol lot seem to know quite a bit about the state of our club. :dribble:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/172791-boltons-woes/

"

As a former employee I suppose I should be careful what I say, but it was obvious in June that Bolton would go down this year. The academy has been demoted and stopped employing players under the age of 16 and the under 17 squads and younger were scrapped. One of the clubs training gyms was closed and items sold, with only the first team gym open meaning the academy players have no gym of their own anymore. 18 of us were made unemployed in August and were given 2 days notice.

Things are going to get worse before they get better."

"

As a former employee I suppose I should be careful what I say, but it was obvious in June that Bolton would go down this year. The academy has been demoted and stopped employing players under the age of 16 and the under 17 squads and younger were scrapped. One of the clubs training gyms was closed and items sold, with only the first team gym open meaning the academy players have no gym of their own anymore. 18 of us were made unemployed in August and were given 2 days notice.

Things are going to get worse before they get better."

If I'm reading that correctly he's claiming that we don't employ anyone under 16? Well yep, nobody does do they?

And we don't have any teams under 17? Well, we do

The Academy was demoted? The change in category was inevitable really; nowt to worry about there

Don't know about the gym stuff, but basically there's not a lot to be read into of what he says

Not surprising when fratton park holds about 17k with a decent stadium they'd get bigger crowds than us.

I believe Fratton Park holds more than 20K

If we're in the same division next year, which is perfectly possible, then they'll be getting crowds a lot bigger than we get - in fact, I'll bet our average this season won't be an awful lot higher than theirs is, and ours will be swelled by some pretty large away followings, which there's won't be.

I believe Fratton Park holds more than 20K

If we're in the same division next year, which is perfectly possible, then they'll be getting crowds a lot bigger than we get - in fact, I'll bet our average this season won't be an awful lot higher than theirs is, and ours will be swelled by some pretty large away followings, which there's won't be.

Yes your right but our grounds a fair bit bigger. Edited by Mounts Kipper

So at the end of next season it might be Bolton 21 Portsmouth 2 over the last 23 years thanks to a couple of seasons of Bolton being in freefall and Portsmouth being a club on the up.

Going back to 1960, Portsmouth have averaged over 20,000 on just 3 occasions, we have done so 17 times.

Sorry chaps, we have more support than Portsmouth

40 years ago tomorrow, I watched Bolton away for the first time ever. A 1-1 draw at Ewood against those inbred banjo playing bastards.

Since then, I've watched the Wanderers on over 80 grounds.

To be honest, if they played in my living room tomorrow, I'd probably now tell them to fuck off as I'm watching the news.

Still going tomorrow, due to two tractor driving mates coming up, but by Christ, the Whites really are testing my patience nowadays.

So at the end of next season it might be Bolton 21 Portsmouth 2 over the last 23 years thanks to a couple of seasons of Bolton being in freefall and Portsmouth being a club on the up.

Going back to 1960, Portsmouth have averaged over 20,000 on just 3 occasions, we have done so 17 times.

Sorry chaps, we have more support than Portsmouth

A lot of us whites guilty of under rating our support, if you asked most fans of other clubs who had most fans and higher crowds over the last 20 years I'd guarantee most would say Pompey.

• Site Supporter

As much as it pains me to say, Pompey will have a higher home average attendance than us this season.

This season's decline has grave echoes of the 82/83 season.

Oh well, Wigan away on Boxing Day.

Wigan will go up. JSL

Can't go today. Gutted. At a flipping 70th at, get this, 3pm... WTF

FUCKING WELL GUTTED

COYWM

I empathise with the ex employee and the other 17 losing there job, however, unless I was seeing things last Saturday morning the Academy gym for the academy players is fine at Lostock. The gym for youth players at Euxton isn't open for youth players and hasn't been for four years, and quite right too considering Academy players don't go up there.