Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers V Bristol City

EyesRight

I'm slightly heartened by yesterday's second half performance. We had a go at them, instead of passing the ball around in not-threatening areas. The headers by Madine were nothing short of criminal. And the penalty was shocking of course.

Vela did well in the challenge, although his distribution was poor. Wheater MOM for me. Twatstick looked to have something to prove, and Prince will do despite his cock ups. That's my back 4 next game.

Feeney needs a rest, so bring Clayton in. I like Davies in the number 10 role rather than Feeney.

We can get out of this, there isn't a side in this division that is any good. 3 points adrift with 2 games left and we could still do it, so 3 points with 30 games left is hardly time to panic.

Gutted this morning, but there were glimmers of hope that the players are up for this. I do think that the crowd can make a difference at home. The fans fed off the players and vice versa. Don't know quite how we get the atmosphere going from the first minute, but it would be good if the club thought about this. Could the screen be used to whip fans up before kick off?

Straw clutching.

Please please NL don't even contemplate starting Twardik at full back, regarding Vela if he's ever going to start for Bolton it has to be fullback he did ok, now onto Scott Dobbie I've said it before and I'll say it again he should never ever where the white shirt again he's finished (put Heskey in this category as wel) If we're serious about staying up the owner/chairman have to create some money from somewhere to find a quality finisher, sell more car park, the offices, whatever it takes otherwise it ain't happening.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

We are going to get relegated it's as simple as that - we've laboured badly against Preston and Bristol City and lost at MK Dons and got battered at Rotherham and we've been outclassed by the better teams we're fucked. Stop playing feeney up the middle it's complete nonsense he's got the footballing brain of an ant - yea he should play but stick him on the wing where he has half a chance to influence the game - lennys lost the plot play 442 with wingers and stick to it FFS

I thought twatdick did ok under the circumstances. He looked quicker than I've seen him before and put in a good set piece which we should have done better with.

Always thought he was supposed to be a left sided midfielder so I'm surprised he doesn't get more of a look in.

I thought twatdick did ok under the circumstances. He looked quicker than I've seen him before and put in a good set piece which we should have done better with.

Always thought he was supposed to be a left sided midfielder so I'm surprised he doesn't get more of a look in.

I get the feeling he isn't strong enough physically

I saw him for the development squad v Stockport and he didn't look out of place with the kids

Lenny in playing none full back at full back shocker!! He looked quick and decent in possession positionally he looked like an amateur

Lenny in playing none full back at full back shocker!! He looked quick and decent in possession positionally he looked like an amateur

He was so badly out of position within a few minutes of coming on that he slipped and fell on his arse, fortunately without the punishment he got at Forest.

Saying that, full back must be an awful position to play in that set up with nothing in front of you or any support. Especially if you're both naturally midfielders anyway

A 3-3 score line would have been accurate.

0-3 ht

3-3 ft

Bristol seemed to know our formation and clearly combated against it with success.

And we don't suit the formation at all.

Go on mate, Bristol had one shot on goal in 9 mins and you think would have accurate score if they had been 3 up at halftime, how do you get that.

They could have had a pen and the cock up by Prince that hit the bar but even so saying 3 by half time is harsh.