Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Administration?

Mounts Kipper

I'd be very surprised if we don't go down the administration route. Presumably, the assets will still be protected? Unlike if we went into liquidation. I'd imagine any potential buyers could then buy us at a decent price and not have to worry so much about our astronomical overheads. Pretty sure there would be a massive player cull and we start again in League 1 with a clean slate? Not that I know much about it like.

Isn't that simple. Administrators sell off assets in the best way they can to cover debts. Could lose a lot. It isn't a magic silver bullet.

They must have been paid somewhere otherwise they can't be in the accounts as interests payments. Maybe a qualified accountant out there on WWs can confirm or deny if that's possible.

Poor Eddie has had to go through this before. Not all profit and loss items are also cash flow. The interest was accrued so counts towards the loss. If the amount was actually paid then the size of loan would stay the same and it would be a cash flow item. If it is not paid then it is added to the loan amount.

Think about how the differences between an interest only mortgage and a repayment mortgage. Except in this case even the interest isn't paid so the loan value increases.

It looks like HMR&C are after us for PAYE, so going into administration could be a real possibility.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/bolton-wanderers/12030190/Bolton-face-administration-if-HMRC-issues-winding-up-order.html

If you read the article it says we owe 300k this month and if we don't pay it they MAY take further action

I'd love it if the shitstorm thats coming ends up with Bolton Wanderers back in Bolton.

It could come to that the current support base does not support nor justify the Macron stadium however if we move back to a smaller stadium that will hinder any chances of a revival or return to the top flight.