Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Administration?

Mounts Kipper

I cant see us finding a buyer

And as said before, that's no real surprise. Who the fuck would really want to buy a business that is haemorrhaging close to £1M a month, whoever buys it knows they're going to have to spunk close to £10M over the next year just to keep the doors open.

Administration is the way forward! - go into it, release the majority of the playing staff, take our medicine and get relegated and then start again

Hate filled attention seeking drama queen.

That's how I see a certain person who used to post on here.

Definitely a special one imo.

I agree - I think he needs phychiatric help with some of the bile he puts on facebook

He's advised that he's happy to discuss further via a DM on twitter, just in case you're misunderstanding his thoughts...............

• Site Supporter

Fucking hell boys and girls...

No matter how reputable the source of the general information, have we seen any quotes from the club talking about the current situation with HMRC? 

HMRC will always have an 'interest' - its their job. But they don't issue orders without going through multiple processes to try and get money from the client. I haven't read anything about such processes.

All the news is sensationalised headlines. We already know that most of the stuff reported about the debts in the last 5 years has been bollocks, so why do we think that has now changed?

Basically HMRC ain't winding shit up, unless

1. we are consistently missing preagreed payments (not standard payments - i mean payment plan type payments, to cover arrears)

AND

2. they think they any chance of recouping monies through such means.

Now they may have been through number 1 - we just dont know. In terms of number 2, we know the main creditor is ED, which means he must get paid before HMRC. his 176m means the HMRC debt is insignificant. 

There will be loads of stuff we don't know about but everyone needs to calm the fuck down. 

on the other hand i could be talking complete bollocks.... 

Edited by HomerJay

Looking bad for PG i just hope he pulls through but not looking good if he's "gone home"

No matter what anyone thinks of his business skills he's still someones husband, dad, brother, uncle etc etc so for those of you who've never lost anyone close to them you need to get a fucking grip and go and fuck yourselves

Looking bad for PG i just hope he pulls through but not looking good if he's "gone home"

No matter what anyone thinks of his business skills he's still someones husband, dad, brother, uncle etc etc so for those of you who've never lost anyone close to them you need to get a fucking grip and go and fuck yourselves

Correct.

• Site Supporter

you could see why some cynics may have thought that a month ago

if anybody still thinks like that, they're not welcome on here

This was it...

"Sorry but I'm not having that Gartside is all of a sudden very ill! Coincidence that my club is in a right mess!! And he as jumped ship!!"

Edited by superjohnmcginlay

Fucking hell boys and girls...

No matter how reputable the source of the general information, have we seen any quotes from the club talking about the current situation with HMRC? 

HMRC will always have an 'interest' - its their job. But they don't issue orders without going through multiple processes to try and get money from the client. I haven't read anything about such processes.

All the news is sensationalised headlines. We already know that most of the stuff reported about the debts in the last 5 years has been bollocks, so why do we think that has now changed?

Basically HMRC ain't winding shit up, unless

1. we are consistently missing preagreed payments (not standard payments - i mean payment plan type payments, to cover arrears)

AND

2. they think they any chance of recouping monies through such means.

Now they may have been through number 1 - we just dont know. In terms of number 2, we know the main creditor is ED, which means he must get paid before HMRC. his 176m means the HMRC debt is insignificant. 

There will be loads of stuff we don't know about but everyone needs to calm the fuck down. 

on the other hand i could be talking complete bollocks.... 

Thats pretty much were I am at - most of these stories begin with the magic words "It is thought that......." and spout some bollocks that they cant back up - Its an easy story to run about a business that is quite clearly in financial trouble, cant pay its employees and is looking to re-finance - stands to reason that it may be behind with tax, but no-one is saying this for sure. For HMRC to go through with a wind up, first of all they have to issue a stat demand - which gives the club 18 days to either pay it, or come to an arrangement - then if nothing is done HMRC have to go to the courts to register a winding up petition, then it is at least 7 days before it becomes in the public domain- so I dont feel like jumping in the canal yet

And all these twats on facebook rejoicing in PGs health can go fuck themselves

• Site Supporter

Thats pretty much were I am at - most of these stories begin with the magic words "It is thought that......." and spout some bollocks that they cant back up - Its an easy story to run about a business that is quite clearly in financial trouble, cant pay its employees and is looking to re-finance - stands to reason that it may be behind with tax, but no-one is saying this for sure. For HMRC to go through with a wind up, first of all they have to issue a stat demand - which gives the club 18 days to either pay it, or come to an arrangement - then if nothing is done HMRC have to go to the courts to register a winding up petition, then it is at least 7 days before it becomes in the public domain- so I dont feel like jumping in the canal yet

Well put

Never forget who is really at fault for this, having triggered it; Jonny Evans

I was thinking much the same. BWFC lost a midfielder who was being noticed as among the best.

Clearly the squad believed in him.

Although they produced some decent performances afterwards they were well and truly stuffed in the SF, mentally and physically..

The next season saw Gary Speed's suicide, which affected all who knew him. BWFC had more former team-mates, notably SKD and Jussi.

Then came Muamba's special day on a rare starting selection.

This itself caused distractions, not least for the manager, as relegation came closer.

A poor final day finished them off, when QPR were nicked at the end by ManCity so relegation could have been avoided.

The probability is that we would have been in the relegation fight in the future seasons, but at least we would have had more money to squander and may have survived.

BUT we are where we are, and where we are going we don't need Rhodes.

I'd get somebody sorted for notices from London Gazette. HMRC told Argyle nothing about issuing winding up order in 2011 and it was only a fan who works in insolvency who received daily updates from the site that warned club (which already had Ridsdale milking it for his "expertise" in these situations) that the action was being taken on day Court Action was going to take place.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/all-notices/notice

Apologies if this is on another thread but

Brett Warburton also resigned from his role as Chairman and FA Representative with immediate effect, citing personal and professional commitments that may affect his ability to carry out the roles in the future. Brett has been a member of the Association Council since 1991 and Chairman since 2004.
Read more at http://www.lancashirefa.com/news/2015/dec/lancashire-fa-statement#MBLlXccozYOMei2W.99