Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Administration?

Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

I reckon stuff will end up alreet...

So what if we go down?

We just need to stop signing players on stupid contracts and spend whatever we have coming in.

There will be people who lose their jobs, that was always gonna happen after relegation from the premier league and parachute payments stop.

A re-assesment of the club is needed by someone who has an idea of running a business.

This

I was thinking about this earlier.

So we end up getting relegated, and we are officially potless - do we still really want/need our ground?  -  I would have thought the upkeep on a ground our size would be pretty high, so does the ground become an expense we can do without? - ground share at another local club could become a possibility.

The Macron is arguably too big for us now, let alone if we go down to crowds of circa 8K if/when we drop a division - so if we enter administration, does and can the club walk away from the ground and look at other options?

Arguably?  It's to big for us, it's as simple as that.

Hearts went into admin, got rid of all playing staff and played the kids, went down then built a new team and got promotion that season and are now challenging Celtic for the league, they now also have £3m in the bank and are building a new main stand JSL

But with a big investment from a share scheme and new owners - what happens next seems to be our issue. You could say ED's mistake was actually paying the bills as that was something that Hearts never did (including Poppy Scotland for what it's worth).

Good example, Southampton would be another.

It is possible.

The major worry is that Southampton recovered from being in Administration in 2009 on the following gates

2012 Champ, 26,420

2011, Div 1, 22,161

2010, Div 1, 20,982

2009, Champ, 17,849

Having the gates to fend off the player sales means that when you do sell then you can ensure you get the most for your money

Edited by SalfordOriginal

Sale Sharks will have noted the big increase in the crowds Wasps are attracting following their move to the Ricoh Arena and could share the ground.

Buy the club and assets from ED @ £30m,  sell 50% share of the ground to Sale to cover this season's losses and crack on.

• Moderators

From who?

i bought mine on a credit card

always thinking ahead :)

i didn't actually, its on direct debit

do the direct debit payments go to the club and then to the funder

cos if they do, that might get even more interesting

Sale Sharks will have noted the big increase in the crowds Wasps are attracting following their move to the Ricoh Arena and could share the ground.

Buy the club and assets from ED @ £30m,  sell 50% share of the ground to Sale to cover this season's losses and crack on.

I think Stockport fans would give you an interesting opinion on that

The major worry is that Southampton recovered from being in Administration in 2009 on the following gates

2012 Champ, 26,420[/size]

2011, Div 1, 22,161[/size]

2010, Div 1, 20,982

2009, Champ, 17,849[/size]

Having the gates to fend off the player sales means that when you do sell then you can ensure you get the most for your money

They also shifted a couple of young players for big money.

When that cunt steward was stood there on Saturday, with his gang of other rock hard steward mates, I thought we are fucked. The organisation is rotten to the core. That's why.

I watched two of em spend the whole of the second half stopping a Cardiff fan unfurling a flag at the front.

He ended up getting it out when they scored for about 3 seconds before they jumped all over his head.

Edited by gonzo

When that cunt steward was stood there on Saturday, with his gang of other rock hard steward mates, I thought we are fucked. The organisation is rotten to the core. That's why.

This is symptomatic of the lack of leadership, standards and moral compass at the club it's also apparent in the results, Financial situation and the whole football experience at the macron. With new ownership and leadership this can be corrected. I'm not saying who's to blame for this because we all know. It's time for the club to look forward and not backwards and the fans need to be included, informed in all aspects of the club from now on otherwise the same shit is going to happen again. We need a special type of owner and leader and they don't grow on trees.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

This is symptomatic of the lack of leadership, standards and moral compass at the club it's also apparent in the results and the whole football experience at the macron. With new ownership and leadership this can be corrected. I'm not saying who's to blame for this because we all know. It's time for the club to look forward and not backwards and the fans need to be included, informed in all aspects of the club from now on otherwise the same shit is going to happen again. We need a special type of owner and leader and they don't grow on trees.

You would think that whoever picks up this mess will certainly speak to the fans and get them involved............they may not pay any attention of course, but I think they'll want to be seen to be consulting the fans, because without the PL riches, they need us.

The problem with being in the PL for so long is that the fans become pretty much irrelevant (from a business/revenue point of view) - the club has become so distant from the fans that it's ridiculous, and under the current regime that cant be recovered now. I do hope the new people (whoever they are and whenever they appear) learn from the mistakes of the current custodians

I was thinking about this earlier.

So we end up getting relegated, and we are officially potless - do we still really want/need our ground?  -  I would have thought the upkeep on a ground our size would be pretty high, so does the ground become an expense we can do without? - ground share at another local club could become a possibility.

The Macron is arguably too big for us now, let alone if we go down to crowds of circa 8K if/when we drop a division - so if we enter administration, does and can the club walk away from the ground and look at other options?

Burnden Park was too big for us in the 80s.

Burnden Park was too big for us in the 80s.

It was, and as a result it fell into a right shitty state of ill repair, as money was so tight very little was spent on the upkeep of the ground - I guess the same will happen with the Macron as well

It was, and as a result it fell into a right shitty state of ill repair, as money was so tight very little was spent on the upkeep of the ground - I guess the same will happen with the Macron as well

I will challenge that, it was always kept in good nick. Fresh paint every close season, no crumbling terraces and leaky roofs like a fair few grounds I have been on.

They'd shut the top tiers.

Keoghs still pay rent for the offices so that's covered.

Presume the hotel wll be sold.

The police/steward bill would be down as there will be fuck all there.

I can see the ground being sold and rented back to us Coventry style.

Concerts and NFL coming to the macron. Fact.

sounds good police free games like Bristol????