Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Administration?

Mounts Kipper

• Moderators

Let him. Fuck me folk act like he is the best manager we have ever had

This time a year a go he was one of the most promising ones we've had since coyle had us marching to a cup final and top 6 finish

Then it went to shit

Like it always does

• Moderators

100% correct. I would love to know what Gartside told him to make him sign a contract.

Lennon was gagging for the gig; he even said at the time it was up to him to convince PG rather than the other way round

Was probably a no brainer for the board

He's desperately trying to find a formula but we just don't have the talent. Don't care how much they are paid our current squad is either crap or no heart.I genuinely would not miss any of them.  Only Amos who is a decent keeper but probably on too much for us.  Coyle and Freedman had money and signed crap players on contracts that are bleeding us dry. Lennon has had no money and signed crap players, not much else he could do but gamble with buttons. Glad to see other people speaking up about how he has been shafted.

Some folk made excuse after excuse for Gartside who has left us in the shit but want to blame Lennon for our position? Can't afford to sack him but if this embarrassment goes on much longer he might walk. Be interesting to see what job with a little backing he could do elsewhere.

I remember him saying at the time he first came to the club that he'd not even discussed finances with the Chairman prior to taking the job. Even at the time I thought that sounded a bit odd. Either he was massively overconfident about his ability or he was telling porkies.

That said - I still think he should stay in the job - if he left then we would 've looking at the Iain Dowie's of this world.

Edited by kent_white

He's fucking about with the shit he's bought.

He's still here cause if he leaves off his own back he doesn't get a pay off.

He's got a worse record than the last 3 clowns.

He gets very little sympathy from me as his wage bill is still bigger than most of the league regardless of the cuts.

If this was freedman, regardless of the finance, there'd be bed sheets painted all over the town.

These players should be good enough to get us out of the bottom three. Problem is their arses have gone, and every scrap of self respect, bottle, call it what you like, seems to have gone with it.

I'll trot out the usual "we've been unlucky with injuries" but the truth is the table doesn't tell fibs.

These players should be good enough to get us out of the bottom three. Problem is their arses have gone, and every scrap of self respect, bottle, call it what you like, seems to have gone with it.

I'll trot out the usual "we've been unlucky with injuries" but the truth is the table doesn't tell fibs.

Don't disagree and with that scenario why not chuck a few kids in now, nothing to lose and possibly all we will have to feed off for the foreseeable. Can't think of many senior players I would shed tears over if they left for nowt.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and quite rightly so.these are very trying times for all concerned about our beloved Bolton wanderers football club.one thing in common despite different opinions what's gone wrong is that we all care.sadly as said before the league table doesn't lie.these set of players aren't good enough.talk all you want about confidence,which no doubt is a factor.the bookies had us down before the season started and yes I thought wtf are they on about.not all over yet I know,but can't for the life of me see a way out now.

Been watching since 1973 . No reason to stop now.keep the faith boys and girls,seen it all before just not in the same frightening numbers.

order.html

He's a way better manager than the last two we've had. He gets it. He's been shafted pure and simple

Bollocks. He needed a new job in a proper league to improve his career.

He isn't a good manager. i honestly don't know where you are getting that from

I don't know how we can reasonably judge that given the circumstances. He's gone from one of the easiest (if not easiest) in British football and straight into one of the most difficult.

It's strange you slate Lennon so powerfully who's doing a job with little moral support or financial backing yet choose to defend the job done by Gartside which has brought us where we are today. Edited by Mounts Kipper

It's strange you slate Lennon so powerfully who's doing a job with little moral support or financial backing yet choose to defend the job done by Gartside which has brought us where we are today.

Spot on Mounts. EFA. 

How the hell can you judge whether or not he is a good manager with all the shit going on here? You can't. I think he will do a job when he is able to bring in players he actually wants but no one actually knows but to write him off is typical of some. The players are shite and very well paid shite at that. 

• Moderators

I don't know how we can reasonably judge that given the circumstances. He's gone from one of the easiest (if not easiest) in British football and straight into one of the most difficult.

He was doing alright under the circumstances last year

Not as drastic as not getting paid admittedly but it's been dog shit most of the calendar year even when he had strikers and a potential game changer like clough

Initial impact followed by seeming ineptitude, it happens

Cash or no cash the squad isn't so bad to be in the league position it is, not if it was being managed right

And paid

He was doing alright under the circumstances last year

Not as drastic as not getting paid admittedly but it's been dog shit most of the calendar year even when he had strikers and a potential game changer like clough

Initial impact followed by seeming ineptitude, it happens

Cash or no cash the squad isn't so bad to be in the league position it is, not if it was being managed right

And paid

Have said before his record since Mjallby left is so bad it is incredible he is still in the job, I do feel sorry for him but he must only still be here because can not afford to sack him.

I have now reached the stage where I find all this talk about anything to do with our form, our debt, our takeover in fact most things to do with the club totally fucking boring.

It's strange you slate Lennon so powerfully who's doing a job with little moral support or financial backing yet choose to defend the job done by Gartside which has brought us where we are today.

Maybe.

Show me where he has done well and I will consider it. We have been pretty shit when I have seen us. People act like we will be worse off without him. He has brought in poor players, players he doesn't play. I am not saying he has had it easy but isn't his key attribute getting the most out of poor sides?