Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Supporters Trust - Foundation Meeting

Mounts Kipper

Be there on Wednesday then form an opinion.

Is the correct answer

If you want someone to represent you as a fan, make that person you.

From what little I've read about it, from the rumours I've heard, it's been a bit cloak & dagger. Not the best starts.

Though if time allows it, take a few hours out of your life & hear what they've got to say, no harm done.

As I understand it, when it comes down to it, people have to be voted in, so if you don't want certain individuals representing you as a fan, make sure you have your vote, otherwise you've only yourself to blame if you let them move this thing forward.

I can't make it , or I would go & listen at least, so I'd be interested to know about this internet link to watch it.

What's happening with that?

I'm in team SKD camp. Maybe Im naive. I heard him on TS ths afternoon. Sounded genuine and concerned. Im sure he's thought long and hard about sticking his oar in because it wont be pretty.  What he can achieve is another question.

Everything is shit. I can see nothing but shitty shit shit on the horizon. It's shit.... and this might smell a bit to some; but i will cling to any sort of positive shit I can see.

There is huge of interest in this meeting as all 450 tickets for Platinum Suite have been requested by fans.

We are now looking to increase capacity. Please add yourself to the waitlist and we will update you once we have approval for more space

There is huge of interest in this meeting as all 450 tickets for Platinum Suite have been requested by fans.

We are now looking to increase capacity. Please add yourself to the waitlist and we will update you once we have approval for more space

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bolton-wanderers-supporters-trust-public-meeting-tickets-20123062622

I can not make the meeting but have a question. 'How would a supporters trust be able to keep the club running when currently it is losing £1m per month?' . It is a genuine question, they were discussing it on Talk Sport today and they seemed to think a supporters trust usually get involved after the money side is somehow resolved. Surely whoever takes over has to be able to prove they can fund the shortfall first ?

The only way the ST will be able to run the club is in some apocalyptic scenario where we are non league or League 2. The best they can hope for at this level is a seat on the board with a % stake in the club in conjunction with a new owner. At the very least they will be able to put pressure on the club to fix all the long term gripes we see on here - i.e. the stewards/atmosphere/ticket office/kiosk staff are shit. If you think all the people setting this up are doing it for the wrong reasons, join the ST and don't vote for them. Anyone running it has to be elected.

I can not make the meeting but have a question. 'How would a supporters trust be able to keep the club running when currently it is losing £1m per month?' . It is a genuine question, they were discussing it on Talk Sport today and they seemed to think a supporters trust usually get involved after the money side is somehow resolved. Surely whoever takes over has to be able to prove they can fund the shortfall first ?

It seems clear to me that the club been run so badly that the monthly losses can't be covered by a supporters trust, that situation has to play out separately, the supporters trust can only begin to help from here on in I am not involved but I would hope by helping to build bridges between club, fans and community with more openess and honesty from the club (this in itself might attract investment from local business men) with hopefully a place and say on the board, fans input plenty of money towards the running of the club and it's only right that they have some say and a representation at board level, you would hope that if fans would have been involved the current situation might have been avoided and certainly it would have come to light much earlier.

So looking through this thread some are saying we can't criticise the owners / board for running us into the ground. However you can slag our supporters for trying to improve communication and maybe help prevent this disaster from happening again. That seems fucking daft to me. No sure where common sense has gone.

• Moderators

So looking through this thread some are saying we can't criticise the owners / board for running us into the ground. However you can slag our supporters for trying to improve communication and maybe help prevent this disaster from happening again. That seems fucking daft to me. No sure where common sense has gone.

certainly hasn't found its way to you

unless they convince me otherwise, imo they are nowt more than an unnecessary irrelevance at this time

a fcuking pressure group is not what we need

on another forum, you could find this thread and theres loads more negative/realistic folk

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26121

they seem to go from world domination to a pressure group to having a few rich people willing to fund a buyout from admin

im not sure they know what they want - no problem with that in itself, but it does suggest its all a bit ill thought out

its great that there are folk with the enthusiasm to want to do something, i certainly haven't, i just dont think they nearly well qualified enough (ie possessing the necessary skills required) for me to blindly follow

If you use the quote facility you can put the examples of people saying we can not criticise the owners/board into your post. 

With regards the Trust I think people on here are 100% behind the idea of an increased voice for supporters, just that the ST has appeared originally with the names of the people driving it kept quiet (for reasons that have since been explained).

The idea is one think I people like, how it helps us practically in the short terms seems to be what is being questioned, hence my question re funding.

If people running the Trust are going to get upset/wound up by criticism (justified or otherwise) they are in the wrong job.

Edited by Ani

My vote is for Mounts to be part of this Trust!

Like I think Jules said earlier, there's more than enough educated people on here to get involved in this.

Mind you it's hard enough sorting a sweepstake or getting folk out for piss up never mind running at football club :)

• Moderators

It ain't the lack of communication between fans and board that has got us into this mess.

It's a lack of hard cash.

Similarly, it's going to take hard cash to get us out of it, not a weekly newsletter.

ive heard one of the first discussion points will be closing the upper tiers :)