Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Supporters Trust - Foundation Meeting

Mounts Kipper

Cheers. I'll be honest, I'm not sitting through some boring Pompey cunt so if you could let us have an agenda so I can maybe skip to the interesting bits, that'd be good.

Given that Pompey lad has been through the process, been there, done that, made & sold the t-shirt, I'd say the things he's got to say would be the most prudent, but don't let that get in the way of you being rude about him though :)

Given that Pompey lad has been through the process, been there, done that, made & sold the t-shirt, I'd say the things he's got to say would be the most prudent, but don't let that get in the way of you being rude about him though :)

Agreed.

Fair play for them for making the effort.

They don't have to do it.

• Moderators

if i'm there it will be to hear from birch and to find out how much expertise and money there is in the room (i must say i dont see why money folks would commit thereselves to a supporters bid - why carry that 'interference')

the pompey fella probably has a very interesting tale to tell but every scenario is unique

its good of him to give up his time and for that he should be applauded but it wouldnt be top of my list of chapters to read

Fair play to these lads for having a go

But I really do think it's a last resort as they simply wouldn't be able to raise enough money to see the week out

Any supporters club take over would come long after we've been in admin, lost all players / staff, sold the ground, euxton, lostock

If it gets to that stage it's really looking like we would be a conference set up / league 2 (a la Pompey)

Let's all prey something a little more gracious comes along first but it's good that someone has got the ball rolling for plan Z

Edited by birch-chorley

• Moderators

Q7:      WHAT WOULD BE THE IMMEDIATE AIMS OF BWFCST?

A:         How BWFCST develops in the short term will depend to a great extent on the attitude

and opinions of any new owner. However, it is felt that the time is now here to establish BWFCST as the official voice of the BWFC fans and to interact with any new owners to the overall benefit of the Club, the fans and the community in general.

BWFCST will also actively promote the establishment of links with the many BWFC fans groups via social media in order to ensure that the views of all fans are sought. This will help to ensure that BWFCST will be a democratic and sustainable organisation with the aim of uniting the Club, the fans and the wider community for the benefit of all.

Can someone please explain to me the difference between a supporters trust and a supporters association.

I'm assuming a trust exists with the plan to own the club, and the SA to be a voice of the fans ?

Q7:      WHAT WOULD BE THE IMMEDIATE AIMS OF BWFCST?

A:         How BWFCST develops in the short term will depend to a great extent on the attitude

and opinions of any new owner. However, it is felt that the time is now here to establish BWFCST as the official voice of the BWFC fans and to interact with any new owners to the overall benefit of the Club, the fans and the community in general.

BWFCST will also actively promote the establishment of links with the many BWFC fans groups via social media in order to ensure that the views of all fans are sought. This will help to ensure that BWFCST will be a democratic and sustainable organisation with the aim of uniting the Club, the fans and the wider community for the benefit of all.

As we already have one of those, tell me again how this is not to be viewed as an ego trip.

Edited by ZiggyStardust

http://bwfcst.webs.com/Expresion%20of%20interest%20form.pdf

im surprised none of the lads involved had mentioned this

wouldve thought it might make good sense

Am I right in thinking that it's not actually set up yet?

That being the case, I'm guessing that they've been getting everything ready behind the scenes first, ultimately with the aim of this meeting.

I'm guessing that this meeting is where the information is given out & things like this will be put out in the public domain, if the interest is there to continue.

In the interest of fairness, let's all hold back a bit until we get the full picture, before we start looking at picking holes in it yet.

I'm sure the fog will lift after tomorrow night & the relevant pieces will fall into place.

For those who cannot get to the Macron tomorrow we are investigating streaming the meeting using Periscope. This means the video will be available live on your smartphone.

If you want to stream the meeting via Periscope you MUST be following the BWFCST Twitter account & have the Periscope app installed on your phone

https://twitter.com/BWFCST

To accommodate me personally as well I'd like someone to come to my house afterwards and give me a personal rundown of the ins and outs. 

I'm assuming if I post this enough and whine a bit I should expect a knock on my door at about 9ish.

I have just one question. Or 2.

Does the Trust have any plans to save us from the current financial mess ? Or is it looking to have influence either when someone else saves us or when we go into Admin ?

Simply

No

Yes

We might be grateful for that in the end .They would have gone tits up but for their supporters efforts.

Interestingly their Trust owns 48 percent of the club (2.75 million).Obviously not a majority shareholder the rest by the outsde investors.Not the shittiest of setups imo.

Edited by Take Hunt Off

We might be grateful for that in the end .They would have gone tits up but for their supporters efforts.

Interestingly their Trust owns 48 percent of the club (2.75 million).Obviously not a majority shareholder the rest by the outsde investors.Not the shittiest of setups imo.

So, basically prepping ourselves should all else fail.

Why not, I suppose, but a distraction away from the main game at the moment?