Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Supporters Trust - Foundation Meeting

Mounts Kipper

My take away was if this trust ends up owning and running the club it is a disaster. Not because of the people involved but because it means we won't be competitive.

Pompey guys said they could see themselves getting into the championship but not being competitive, that being as far as they could see themselves going. That is with crowds of 16,000 in league 2. No way would we have that crowd in that position. Irrespective of ownership models.

Edited by bwfcfan5

Pompey position was completely different. They'd been through administration twice. What they picked up was a shell of a club with no playing staff.

I would imagine overheads were minimal apart from any debt.

We're a completely different ball game in our current situation. Every man and his dog chipping in an extra quid a month isn't going to lead to this supporters trust owning the club, even if we used that clowns calculator.

Bd for chairman... Anyone say aye?

Perhaps that's the way to do it

Nominations by DATE

Then create a poll

Then the top 1/2/3 we put forward to the trust as our nominees. If those people wish to be involved.

We can't piss around, though.

Edited by boltondiver

Pompey position was completely different. They'd been through administration twice. What they picked up was a shell of a club with no playing staff.

I would imagine overheads were minimal apart from any debt.

We're a completely different ball game in our current situation. Every man and his dog chipping in an extra quid a month isn't going to lead to this supporters trust owning the club, even if we used that clowns calculator.

I can't see 10,000 chipping in £100 a month - that still wouldn't see us through.

• Moderators

Perhaps that's the way to do it

Nominations by DATE

Then create a poll

Then the top 1/2/3 we put forward to the trust as our nominees. If those people wish to be involved.

We can't piss around, though.

would you seriously be interested?

fwiw, you would have my backing

I'll tell you something, if Hilling thinks this can be her new cause she can keep her fucking nose out of our business!

As I said elsewhere, she's available for a cause. She's definitely getting involved.

That is with crowds of 16,000 in league 2. No way would we have that crowd in that position. Irrespective of ownership models.

The fact they are getting 16,000 crowds is fantastic really, if we dropped down tot he bottom division, we would be very lucky to break 10,000 a week

would you seriously be interested?

fwiw, you would have my backing

I didn't say that and wouldn't presume to even have any nominations.

This is a serious undertaking. This is a great bunch of people and ought to have representation rather than leaving it to rag, tag and bobtails.

What I would say is that we should agree;

1. That we should try for representation

2. If we do, then we organise ourselves to get our best people/person onto the Board.

If we don't, we could regret just sitting on the sidelines and letting on too many from a different part of the fan spectrum.

JUST IN CASE THE SUPPORTERS TRUST IS EVER THE OWNER (GOD FORBID)

Edited by boltondiver

As I said elsewhere, she's available for a cause. She's definitely getting involved.

she's not a Bolton fan, she can fuck off and help the homeless or the refugees or something. Either way, if she does get involved i don't think I'll be the only one vocal in my opinion she should stay out of this.

• Moderators

It is a good point, the online community is only a small part of our support. However WW is one of the busiest sites and also tends to represent the folk who were there in Division 4 last time. I believe we should have representation, I don't know who though, certainly not me :)

she's not a Bolton fan, she can fuck off and help the homeless or the refugees or something. Either way, if she does get involved i don't think I'll be the only one vocal in my opinion she should stay out of this.

Understatement!

The fact they are getting 16,000 crowds is fantastic really, if we dropped down tot he bottom division, we would be very lucky to break 10,000 a week

I seriously believe if we were in league 2 and in the playoffs / pushing for top spot and playing a decent style of football.

And the away team brought more than 500 people we'd easily break 10,000.

We'd get plenty who would be coming because we are winning again whilst retaining I'd say 5-7k who would come regardless of what league we are in.

If we were in playoffs come back end of a season we'd take a couple of thousand to every away

She's just out for herself. You lost love, get over it and just fuck off.