Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Supporters Trust - Foundation Meeting

Mounts Kipper

This thing is going to take off with or without ww involvement .The sniping on here is mind-blowing given the

situation the club is in .Anybody who doesn't 'fit ' with the ww model ( whatever that is ) is roundly slagged

Portsmouth came through based on a sound community effort , don't for one minute think that a faction can

control events, its a bigger deal that a fan forum ffs.

Get off your high horses & get involved.

• Moderators

Dont want to get involved in the running of the ST, but do want the right people involved.

Not that hot on a labour councillor after all the deserved shit they get in our town

Not that hot on someone who has been banned off this forum for being a plantpot

Dont know much about the other one

Still not convinced that manning isnt involved in someway

I am sure there are enough decent people to run the trust.

• Moderators

A point missed is Portsmouth will have many more wealthy fans than us, there's nothing between there and London except villages full of mansions.

People need to balance that with the Stockport County model.

A point missed is Portsmouth will have many more wealthy fans than us, there's nothing between there and London except villages full of mansions.

Actually the Pompey lot did liken Portsmouth to Bolton in that the towns have a similar social structure.

Ao.com mon is worth a few bob. Someone should MAKE him dig deep.

Yeah, sat opposite him now. Chartered Accountant only comes in 2 or 3 days a week, whenever it suits really. Been watching since mid 1950's

Sounds like exactly the kind of person who should be involved. On the face of it, would get my vote.

I'd be more than happy/willing to get involved.

It's surely a no lose situation. At worst, we end up with a large supporters organisation independent of the club.

And to remain independent, I suggest all further meetings are held off BWFC property.

One point to remember if anyone was minded to get involved is the amount shit that will come with it

If we were to put someone forward from WW, then there should be no sniping

I'd be more than happy/willing to get involved.

It's surely a no lose situation. At worst, we end up with a large supporters organisation independent of the club.

And to remain independent, I suggest all further meetings are held off BWFC property.

Good point, well made.

• Moderators

You need to be very careful, those that have the most to say aren't necessarily the best to represent. Snr Big Dave sounds perfect for a role. We saw last night from the quality of questions and calibre of folk asking them that it really is a big ask to wade through all the well meaning numb fuckers, no offence to them. Being passionate or opinionated about Bolton Wanderers really is going to get us nowhere. Unfortunately you need to retain the support of these people whilst keeping them at arms length.

• Moderators

Actually the Pompey lot did liken Portsmouth to Bolton in that the towns have a similar social structure.

I disagree massively, they've clearly never been for a tour of Bolton. There aren't the affluent areas surroung it, H-Town excepted, we have other towns with their own clubs.