Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 1 Qpr 1

gonzo

• Moderators

I cant remember them having a proper attempt on goal apart from that either

Then again.. apart from cloughs first half header neither did we.

I thought it were an header till saw the replay

Totally deflated after that

No one said a word in the car on the way home

Shite

i honestly thought moxey would be first to the ball

wonder if he was struggling again with whatever is ailing his leg

Either that or he was going to sub him for his part in their goal.

Who knows but with seconds to go and us desperate for a win it would've been a shit substitution imo.

When we went 1-0 up I'd have brought woolery on for feeney and used his pace on the break, but lennon isn't that clever, he takes the only player off who looked like scoring and replaces him with a defensive midfielder which says to an absolutely shit qpr team we are sitting back so come and attack us. As for Amos he needs a rest, to many points he's thrown away

• Site Supporter

When we went 1-0 up I'd have brought woolery on for feeney and used his pace on the break, but lennon isn't that clever, he takes the only player off who looked like scoring and replaces him with a defensive midfielder which says to an absolutely shit qpr team we are sitting back so come and attack us. As for Amos he needs a rest, to many points he's thrown away

youre wrong. the sub was fine. 

He took an attacking midfielder who's just back from injury and replaced him with a defensive midfielder. We managed to fuck things up, but I'm not blaming Lennon for what seemed like a perfectly sensible change, debate around our lot at the time was it maybe should have been Davies. Saying that, Clough was just back after being injured so we sort of 'got it'.

Why would you have taken Feeney off, our consistent best performer who never hides, runs all day and always puts a shift in? What is folks problem with Feeney, yes he makes the odd mistake but only because he is the only one who actually wants the ball and therefore spends more time with it than most. Loads on here think he's absolute shite, can someone please explain what they hate about him, I genuinely don't get it?

Can't blame Lennon for the subs. We saw the game out well apart from the one incident. Predictable though.

We saw the game out well apart the one incident?

As in the goal? Nice one.

Fuck me Micheal Owen would be proud of that one.

They had two men on Clough after his goal. Unless his legs had gone he should've stopped on.

That's as bad as a defeat today.

Down down deeper and down.

We saw the game out well apart the one incident?

As in the goal? Nice one.

Fuck me Micheal Owen would be proud of that one.

They had two men on Clough after his goal. Unless his legs had gone he should've stopped on.

That's as bad as a defeat today.

Down down deeper and down.

What would you have done then? Clough was blowing out of his arse.

• Site Supporter

He ESL concourse was like a morgue at the end. Today we've witnessed the last right.

Shit performance, Moxey dropped a bollocked but that ginger prick has cost us again like he has time and again this season. I still maintain he will go on to have a decent career but he's been one of our most unreliable players this year.

Quality goal from Cloughy tho, was worth going for

• Site Supporter

No, it wasn't.

It just invites pressure by adding another defensive midfielder. Get Woolery on and play it over into a corner and have him pressure in their half, not sit back and hoof it and repeat. Tactically inept.

no manager in the land would make taht sub.

danns for clough was the only option 

I'm trying to be positive LSL stylee. Our young centre half was outstanding, Pratley and Spearing worked their bollocks off. Overall there was little quality on show from either team but once again we looked at least as good as the opposition. We aren't in Villa's position getting dicked every week.

What would you have done then? Clough was blowing out of his arse.

As I said in my post, if Clough was on his arse then fair enough.

To me feeneys impact had long vanished and as I say, they had two men on Clough directly after our goal.

Those two men we freed up after the sub.