Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Is It Over?

gonzo

I kind of gave up thinking we could get out of this after Preston away.

Many more gave up after Rotherham.

Surely that's it after today though.

I've not felt as sad as this for a long time. West Brom at home probably the last.

It's over folks. Time to regroup, crack on and let's get involved in league 1 together.

We are Bolton Wanderers, turbulent times are what we do.

Never thought it would come to this. :(

Edited by gonzo

Came into this season with hopes that we'd be "alright" this year, not challenging or anything,  but definitely safe, possibly top half. I actually remember posting pre-season that Amos was solid, Clough was one of the best in the division and Madine would be a goal machine. Mint.

Opening game v Derby filled me with a lot of optimism. Downhill ever since.

Coming back on the minibus from Rotherham on Boxing Day, drunk and depressed, that's where I came to terms with us going down - and that's when we were still in touch with safety with tonnes of games left.

Seen nothing since that's made me feel any different. A win here and there, followed up by a string of defeats or draws. Not good enough.

Someone's got to be worst in the league and finish bottom, this time it's us.

Yeah - it's over. I had my usual predicament as a non season ticket holder but paid £28 for today in the ESL.

I'd keep paying as long as I'd consider there's a hope - but today was the day I finally gave up the ghost.

I'll be working next year - so I'll be a ST holder again and won't be in this situation.

Rotherham for me was the day I thought, we're going down. Looking forward to the last home of the season for the day out but I really am not expecting to see us with more than a couple of points this season.

I'm not even annoyed now, I'm just disappointed.

Onwards and upwards (hopefully)

Were deader than the dog under Carlos' lawn.

Felt we were gone after Rotherham away but Burnley, Leeds and Ipswich games confirmed it - played okay in all three and took one point. Hallmark of nailed on relegation.

This. Just hope we can clear the decks of all the dead wood in the summer (manager included) and start again

Who believes in lucky 7 ?

1977, start of a fantastic season for a Bolton fan, culminating at Blackburn

1987, another great season culminating at Wrexham

1996/97 ..cheated a bit there.......probably the best season for a Bowton fan in modern day history.

2007, not too bad, average for the run we were in at the time...

2017,....I'll reverse jinx it now......non league ? Out of existence ?.........40 years plus of being a Wanderer.......wouldn't change it for the world......

Over ? has been for ages but I for one wouldn't believe it. My brother said that we were fucked weeks ago but I always believed that we could turn it round. After today we will be lucky to finish bottom.

I've tried to stay loyal to NL but fucking hell

Sadly I've felt we've had no chance since Boxing Day, even sadder is I do believe if we'd been able to sack Lennon then we could still have stayed up.

Next season I hope for a new manager and just a reasonable start, not even top 6 at end of September, just not bottom 6, that's been the most depressing thing these last 4/5 seasons

i predicted 22nd place at the start of the season. We might get a few results that may see us there yet. The signing if Madine was the sure sign of doom after the season before. 

I predict we will get a shock next year as teams will view a trip to the Macron on a par with a trip to Wemberley!  It will be their day out and they will all raise their game. Three or four years at that level before we turn the corner.