Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Manager

Take Hunt Off

Alan Brazil just mentioned Browny was in box at cheltenham yesterday he said Brownys phone never stopped ringing raised the question when talking to Andy Gray regarding Browny back to Bolton. I'd be suprised if this does not happen.

Aye I heard that, think fair to say Brazil realised he had gone to far and started to back track, I know he could have been on the phone for other reasons but it felt like Brazil and Parlour knew what it was about and they should not have mentioned it.

I know mate, but the point is they have gone now, rather than in 6 weeks, the saving is 6 weeks wages. We would have to pay something off, if he has left as part of a negotiated deal it could be he has left for less than the maximum, but god knows what that might mean.

I like Lennon and thought not long after he got here he would do a good job, but recently he has lost the plot and had to go, so why delay ?

No problem with us getting rid he's had enough time and looks like lost plot and some players. Problem now is the budget for a new manager we have to invest.

No problem with us getting rid he's had enough time and looks like lost plot and some players. Problem now is the budget for a new manager we have to invest.

I'm not sure there is going to be loads of cash to be paying transfer fees.

From what Holdsworth was saying a while back, we could be looking at a few loan players coming in next season - it's not ideal, but if it helps us get out of the division I'm all for it.

I suppose the one good thing about getting Brown in is that he should know the players in the 3rd division pretty well  -  compensation wise as well, he'll be fairly cheap as I can's see him being on any more than about £75K per year at the minute with Southend  (as an aside...last year, the entire wage bill for every single employee at Southend was less than £1.5M, according to one of my customers, who also thinks it's nailed on that Phil Brown is coming to us)

• Site Supporter

Southend are six points off the play-offs. Why would Brown leave them for us.

We're not a big club anymore. We have a big ground.

We also have owners that no one really knows anything about, but are likely to have little or no money.

We also have owners that no one really knows anything about, but are likely to have little or no money.

Perhaps Brown does know about them and what they can offer a new manager.

I know it seems to be the done thing to run down our club, but I think that anybody who was managing Southend, if offered the chance to run Bolton Wanderers would jump at the chance

• Moderators

We're not a big club anymore. We have a big ground.

because they're not in the play offs so most likely be in the same league next season

we're in some many ways a better prospect

he used to play for us

used to captain us

used to coach us

would love to manage us full time

etc

I think I read it somewhere on here an article about browny at Southend saying the budget was what attracted him to take the job - be interesting to see who he has as assistant think dave Penney was at Southend and he's had Horton I can see him chucking Kev davies in the mix somewhere think it's wise to consider alternatives too cotterill good candidate o Driscoll MacLeish but it's clearly Browns to take or leave

Not the same once Mjallby got a proper job. Let JP have a go, he can't be any worse than the last 3 and at least he is a Bolton lad who cares.

Mjallby left for 'personal reasons'. He did not have a 'proper job' until last month (punditry does not count).

He is now head coach for Vasteras in the Northern section of the third tier in Sweden.

If we don't get a decent budget in place for next year it does not matter who gets the job we wont be challenging if there is no budget to work with might as well stick with JP.

Leicester champions elect who'd of thought it - if U think sport is that predictable fuck it off

Edited by onlyoneawalker

If we don't get a decent budget in place for next year it does not matter who gets the job we wont be challenging if there is no budget to work with might as well stick with JP.

It depends what you class as a "decent budget"  -  do you mean for spending on players? - if you mean for transfer fees, what do you think would be decent? - £5M?...£10M?...£15M?

It depends what you class as a "decent budget" - do you mean for spending on players? - if you mean for transfer fees, what do you think would be decent? - £5M?...£10M?...£15M?

Don't think we need to buy players and doubt we could afford to, just need to pay decent wages for decent players, think having agent on board as owner would give us head start as to was that wage might be.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Allardyce got us up by spending a fiver.

I don't get the " i crie evertiem bolton win" from some bolton fans.

In some ways i want these Les Piilling types to 'buy' it . just so i can laugh at the Napoleon Complex suffering fuckers fucking it up even faster. 

Miserable Bastards