Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Manager

Take Hunt Off

Phil Browns ex wife was getting half his £20000 a month wage. Southend have now doubled it.

And you're privvy to this information how?  -  I find it incredible that a club as small as Southend would have arguably the highest paid manager in their division, especially as they're closer to relegation (points wise) than promotion and have lost 4 of their last 5 games, not usually the time to be offering out bumper pay rises

And you're privvy to this information how?  -  I find it incredible that a club as small as Southend would have arguably the highest paid manager in their division, especially as they're closer to relegation (points wise) than promotion and have lost 4 of their last 5 games, not usually the time to be offering out bumper pay rises

. Yes, privvy to that. Up to now I've not pretended to be ITK but this info is 100% correct. By the way I would like Phil Brown as manager.

. By the way I would like Phil Brown as manager.

It might happen, I don't know, I just asked my Southend supporting customer about this 100% pay rise, and he laughed at me as the total Southend wage bill is under £1.5M per year (apparenly) - he would like us to have Brown, as he reckons he's not actually all that great and is clearly distracted at present. He proffered that PB is more likely to be sacked than offered a pay rise......and looking at recent results it's difficult to argue that logic

Lennon will do a decent job elsewhere. Bolton being a total fucking shambles off the pitch basically tied his hands

As long as that job is in the Pop & Crisp League North of the Border he will. If he gets offered a job elsewhere though he will have to be a lot more professional than he was here, whether that's because he quickly became disillusioned with the utter shambles here maybe but I'm not convinced.

Judging by Brown's comments its a reluctant withdrawal . Think the Southend chairman has forced his hand .

Wouldn't be too chuffed if I was a Southend fan.

Fairly relieved as a wanderers fan although we

Don't know who's going to get the job.

& I might be wishing it was Brown in six months time!

Judging by Brown's comments its a reluctant withdrawal . Think the Southend chairman has forced his hand .

Wouldn't be too chuffed if I was a Southend fan.

Fairly relieved as a wanderers fan although we

Don't know who's going to get the job.

& I might be wishing it was Brown in six months time!

Think it's a case that he wanted the job but wanted us to make the first move rather than him having to say he is interested, despite putting comments out to effectively say he'd take it if offered

That call didn't come so he's left to say that he is now committed to Southend. And that the speculation has affected his private life. I'm sure his family know exactly what his intentions were

I'm not fussed about Brown tbh and he isn't worth the reported 500K compo either. The way Southend's results have been going, Brown could well be potted after half a dozen games or so next season.

Cotterill would be a far cheaper option and he got Bristol City promoted back to the Championship with ease. He's available too, so no compo.

Sheridan would also be a decent shout, he's got a great record at taking over clubs in the shit and getting results, not sure about the compo with Oldham though?

• Moderators

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/14460061.Southend_United_boss_Phil_Brown_rules_himself_out_of_Wanderers_contention/

“I hope the fans will understand that the speculation has hurt me as much as anybody else,” he said. “It’s the same for my family in the north-west of England too.

“They’re four hours away and I don’t see them day to day, or often week to week. “They’re reading local speculation saying I’m coming back towards them but I’m not.

what a load of shit

they read the paper, and, if they choose to believe it, they then ring him up and ask him if it's true

he says no

hardly a painful experience

• Site Supporter

Bowyer and Lambert are dour. Cotterill less so. Yes it's results that count, but an appointment that enthuses people may be the difference between a number of season ticket sales and the loss of cash upfront.

It may be wise to invest up front to get some back.

Going for a cheap option is a concern