Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Manager

Take Hunt Off

It's correct that Ken Anderson is starting to come in for some stick for the length of time this is taking. It's also correct that he needs to far more transparent about the state of the club's finances and progress towards getting the embargo lifted. However .... I believe those names fit the profile at which we should be looking. People who have managed at League One level and know the score. Out of the three mentioned I'd choose Steve Cotterill. He has a very recent promotion with Bristol City and a long track record of pragmatic management. It's what we need right now.

Let's get on with appointing a boss, let's get on with lifting the embargo and let's get on with doing the things that football clubs do in Summer.

Currently:

Cotterill 10/1

Powell 16/1

Evans 14/1

Adkins 3/1

So if it is this 4, then at worst you get your money back if you bet on all 4?

That's what I was thinking about doing, maybe sticking a grand on all four of them, quick way of making a few quid.

What is this nonsense I'm reading in the BN from Anderson about speaking to one of the staff about potential managers names and them sounding disappointed with it? Has something been lost in translation there or am I reading it wrong? What the fuck is this bloke talking about.

The talk of interviews and (yet more) whittling down of candidates is at least more positive than the article earlier in the week about the £2.5m shortfall and potential of players not being paid - but the whole thing sounds chaotic. There's further indication in the article too that him and Holdsworth can't agree on names.

What is this nonsense I'm reading in the BN from Anderson about speaking to one of the staff about potential managers names and them sounding disappointed with it? Has something been lost in translation there or am I reading it wrong? What the fuck is this bloke talking about.

He was making the point that failure in a previous role wouldn't necessarily preclude consideration.

It makes sense in context.