New Manager

Take Hunt Off

Machines don't change appearance

Malc aged 40 

220px-HAL9000.svg.png

Malc at 60

220px-HAL9000.svg.png

As he's being unplugged:

"...and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it, I can sing it for you"

"Yes, I'd like to hear that MALC. Sing it for me".

"It's called 'the times of the 7 runners in the race at Paddington in 1955 when Gordon Pirie broke the world record for the 1.5 mile"

"Not 'Daisy' then?"

"No, You can check it out, Dave, at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNZQ2VdjPUM"

"I can't be fucking arsed MALC"

"Gordon Pirie....

Dunkley, Norris and Thorpe....."

I'm fucking ecstatic about Reidy coming in. We are staying up I said we are staying up!

I stuck a tenner on @ 50/1 and asked Nat, or his statue, to keep us up the other morning on the way to the station.

It's happening!

• Site Supporter

Malc aged 40

220px-HAL9000.svg.png

Malc at 60

220px-HAL9000.svg.png

As he's being unplugged:

"...and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it, I can sing it for you"

"It's called 'the times of the 7 runners in the race at Paddington in 1955 when Gordon Pirie broke the world record for the 1.5 mile"

"Not 'Daisy' then?"

"No, You can check it out, Dave, at

"

"Gordon Pirie....

????????????

Malc aged 40 

220px-HAL9000.svg.png

Malc at 60

220px-HAL9000.svg.png

As he's being unplugged:

"It's called 'the times of the 7 runners in the race at Paddington in 1955 when Gordon Pirie broke the world record for the 1.5 mile"

"Not 'Daisy' then?"

"No, You can check it out, Dave, at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNZQ2VdjPUM"

"Gordon Pirie....

Hmm. Thanks, I don't think I've ever seen that, though I have read about it in McWhirter, Buchanan and McWhirter's 1958 book..

Can you perhaps dig out coverage of Pirie getting beaten on 30 October 1955 in an official World record race over 2 Hours at Stompond Lane, Walton-on-Thames, by Joe Lancaster of Manchester AC?  Joe died in December 2015 in Italy but I can say that, without doubt, he was the finest Greek Orthodox athletics reporter in England until he retired.

At the time of his record run Joe was a railway clerk at Manchester Victoria and his training was simply to run to and from work. It's just that he lived in Mottram-in-Longdendale. Strangely, he caught TB, which finished him as a serious athlete, but set him on the road to becoming a reporter.

I also have some stories about Ken Norris, who was a salesman for Kalamazoo, ....

Edited by MalcolmW

the finest Greek Orthodox athletics reporter

High praise right there,

Lets get serious here. T'Internet has been going for a while and if someone could, by some miracle, condense all the phrases ever uttered during that time it would cover all the imaginable concoctions of human vocabulary, from Blake's "

Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made the Lamb make thee?"
to LW's "I got her to piss on me".
But in all of that I doubt the phrase "he was the finest Greek Orthodox athletics reporter in England until he retired" has ever been uttered before.

Lets get serious here. T'Internet has been going for a while and if someone could, by some miracle, condense all the phrases ever uttered during that time it would cover all the imaginable concoctions of human vocabulary, from Blake's "

But in all of that I doubt the phrase "he was the finest Greek Orthodox athletics reporter in England until he retired" has ever been uttered before.

I thought you'd be more interested in his running from Mottram-in-L to Manchester and back 5 days a week in 1950s weather (including fog).

His second wife was Greek, which is why he went GO. He also covered many sports for the MEN Pink. In the Charlton/Law/Best era he did some fitness coaching with MUFC. Best was starting to go AWOL, and the club were paranoid about the MEN finding out - which they regularly did. As the was only one phone available at the Cliff, and in public view, Joe simply made one call each day to the Sports Editor:

"Salford Harriers are training tonight" indicated Best was at training,

"Salford Harriers are not training tonight" signalled Best was missing.

A Malcolmwhack if there ever was one.

Great appointment in Reidy I now think Jimmy should get the job with Reidy supporting him it's about time Jimmy was given a proper go of it. We need a new captain as well Pratley is a waste of time and no doubt will be off at the end of the season.I would keep Neil Danns and make him captain.

Great appointment in Reidy I now think Jimmy should get the job with Reidy supporting him it's about time Jimmy was given a proper go of it. We need a new captain as well Pratley is a waste of time and no doubt will be off at the end of the season.I would keep Neil Danns and make him captain.

I was fan of Danns but he's been rubbish for 18 months get shut.

Danns is crap, he'll be straight out of the door once his contract expires.

Is he not out of contract at the end of this season? I wouldn't be renewing it unless we get shut of Pratley, Davies and Trotter - and even then he'd need to be happy with £1,500 a week.