Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Manager

Take Hunt Off

I know Lennon has been screwed over with the financial fuck ups at the club, but he should have been able to get more out of the players he's had.

Glad to see the back of him, fresh start and all that and doing it now when we're pretty much guaranteed to be relegated means the new man will have a chance to see the players in action before the break and decide who's worth keeping.

Remember Jimmy Phillips team when we won the Reserve League whatever it was called then.

Well organised defensively with the two Poles in central defence and Al Habsi in goal.

Hit them on the break with Obadeyi who looked a fine prospect.

Don't expect champagne football, mind you who does in a relegation struggle?

• Moderators

It'll be Phil Brown.

He's always wanted the job and he's mates with Holdsworth.

Can't see anyone else being considered this time tbh.

aye

it were ominous/encouraging* when fat sam were on the pitch at the weekend soon as the new regime took over, the new order is the old order in that respect

if it's anyone else, gonzo will let you play the rusty trombone in scotts before the southend game next season

*delete as applicable

• Site Supporter

aye

it were ominous/encouraging* when fat sam were on the pitch at the weekend soon as the new regime took over, the new order is the old order in that respect

if it's anyone else, gonzo will let you play the rusty trombone in scotts before the southend game next season

*delete as applicable

Well I for one welcome our new olive skinned Overlord and look forward to his on-pitch team talks and eye bulging touchline meltdowns etc etc..

Lennon, like the 2 Managers before him, spoke a good game early on

It gave us belief in him and the team

He had a raw deal of it at times, but ultimately his decision making was inexplicable for me, his tactics woeful, and the players he brought in didn't really add value and wasted what little budget he had

The wrong guy a the wrong time

It all feels so familiar though :(

Yes that is a fair summary.

After a great first few months it has been generally poor since. A new start all round next season is what is needed!

• Moderators

I think that's the first time I've read Allardyce showing any affection towards the club since leaving.

Happy to milk the applause, even though we are heading to League One, and if he'd stayed a while longer I don't think we'd be anywhere near it. Cheers Sam.