Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1 Boro 2

globaldiver

Finding it very hard to be critical. Though Derik did an excellent job sitting in front of the back 4. Heskey worked his nuts off. Davies had his best game in a long while (in front of the cameras). Moxey was poor. Maher did alright but could have been a bit stronger on their goal - hard to tell till I see the replay.

Funniest moment of the day was seeing Friend go in for a 50/50 and then square up to Heskey but visibly wilt when he saw the size of him. Also their lad Clayton is a bellend.

Borough just had more quality at the end of the day - I'm sure they've played a lot better this season as I wasn't overly impressed with them today. Did what they needed to do I suppose.

• Moderators

ive read the odd comment on here and listened to phillips droning on about the influence of heskey

im convinced i watched a different game

if he touched the ball 10 times i'd be surprised

and if more than 3 of those times he kept it, ill be amazed

while i think we need a lump up top, we havent got one

Weird thing going on at the corner of West Lower and North Lower in the second half right in front of us

Stewards, St John's, doctor.

Epilectic fit? Pissed? Mentally ill?

You've obviously never seen Tomski trying to breakdance.

ive read the odd comment on here and listened to phillips droning on about the influence of heskey

He occupies defenders has an influence with his experience and set up the goal and is our best defender at corners. As soon as he went off we were leaderless even I can't complain about his inclusion today. Edited by Mounts Kipper

We need a striker that can actually run and a midfield with a bit of athleticism. Vela and Pratley are awful. The marking from the winner on the left was disgustingly bad

Totally agree, our midfield has been rubbish all season,can't get up and down the park

Many times when we break from defence the midfield amble out and get nowhere near the opposition penalty area

We need a manager who insists we play the ball on the floor and stop this nonsense of lumping it to stump up front

Sublime lay off the goal.

Quick thinking that none of the others have.

• Site Supporter

Sublime lay off the goal.

Quick thinking that none of the others have.

You're right. I don't think it's any coincidence that Heskey up front (despite his extreme limitations and mobility) caused more problems and created goal scoring threats (one from which we scored) than previous games when he's been omitted. I don't want to see twat Madine up there, but someone who can complement Clough up front in that strong supporting role is the future

Thought vela had a decent game, pratley on the other hand was pants although he works his nuts off, clough looked better today and mark Davies was obviously putting himself in the shop window. What was Moxey doing for the last goal he just let nugent stroll in behind him and cross it, poor.

Better performance though