Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gary Madine

Boby Brno

He did ok today nothing more. He really doesn't do himself any favours though. Near the end of the first half he was asking for the ball to his feet and because Buxton I think it was played it down the line his bottom lip came out and he made a token gesture in closing down their fullback. Funny thing in the second half when he got a whack on the half way line I heard the big girls blouse screams where I was in WSL on 6 yard line - he's no Kevin Davies! 

Once we started playing the ball within 20 yards of him he did OK and won virtually every header. First half an hour the service to him was a fucking joke, best strikers in the world would have struggled.

However unless we get people near him he could win 590 headers a game and still look awful. Loads still get on his back but it's a tough gig playing up front for us.

Edited by tylswhite

Lets give the lad a second chance you can see he's putting the effort in and that's all we can ask for.

If I'm totally honest, I thought he put in more effort on Saturday than he has for a long time, unfortunately he also still showed his petulance & half heartedness at times too.

I remember he started last season well & declined very quickly, second chance or not, I can see him heading the same way as he's still got a lot to improve on, imo.

There's so much a manager & his coaches can do to help, though ultimately, he also needs to look at himself. I don't think he can do that.

Maybe it's time for Bobby Brno to have another word with him!

If I'm totally honest, I thought he put in more effort on Saturday than he has for a long time, unfortunately he also still showed his petulance & half heartedness at times too.

I remember he started last season well & declined very quickly, second chance or not, I can see him heading the same way as he's still got a lot to improve on, imo.

There's so much a manager & his coaches can do to help, though ultimately, he also needs to look at himself. I don't think he can do that.

Maybe it's time for Bobby Brno to have another word with him!

????

Any improvement in his form will undoubtedly be down to my ahem, pep talk.

Anyway, I'm keeping a low profile. He has been going in the Leisure club at the hotel of which I'm a member. I'm waiting for the day that he sits opposite me in the jacuzzi and says, "do I know you from somewhere?"

????