Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Can We Sink Any Lower? Maybe Soon

tomski

Report on Sky Sports News suggested there would be no impact on promotion/relegation to Premiership and as there are already 20 teams there is no need to meddle. However I agree the self interest displayed by the "big clubs" is loathesome but if we were in that position I would be similiarly smug.

Report on Sky Sports News suggested there would be no impact on promotion/relegation to Premiership and as there are already 20 teams there is no need to meddle. However I agree the self interest displayed by the "big clubs" is loathesome but if we were in that position I would be similiarly smug.

I'd still disagree with it like I did for PG's Prem 2 plan. It makes anything outside this utterly pointless

I'm suspicious of it all - I reckon it will mean more of a closed shop for the premier league big boys. There will end up only being 1 promotion/relegation for a couple of seasons. Not that it will affect us

Very little in English football that has been changed in the last 25 years has NOT been for the benefit of the big/rich clubs.

I smell Prem B teams in this.

I don't mind the idea of 8 additional clubs being brought into the set up

Most in the conference are fully professional anyway now so wouldn't be out of place

I'd also make it 4 up and 4 down from each league to make it interesting - not just league 1 & 2

I have no issue with anyone trying to market the championship better at home and abroad, if it brings in extra revenue then so be it - call it the premier league 2 or the hand job league 1 for all I care if it makes more money

Main thing is the promotions & relegations stay at least three / ideally 4

I also think less games are better, some night games are great but they are few and far between - Satursay 3pm reigns supreme for me. drop it down to 20 per league and have some sort of winter break in January after the FA Cup 3rd round

Edited by birch-chorley

Not the only club sinking. Although after a poor season Blackburn managed to stop up, due to their poor crowds they are shutting the top tier of the Blackburn End for next season.

Neil Warnock taking over there.

Fuck me I wish we could get him