Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pre-Season

Elson

I'm not a happy clapper as you know mate, just don't see the point in getting worked up just yet

Especially as we've won 2 on the trot

When did that last happen?!

I know from experience that when you don't go to the game and you don't witness the woefulness you don't get as worked up about it, so I do get it. But PP is finding his feet and even if we are dreadful in every friendly it serves no purpose not to get behind them come Sheff Utd at home. Atmospheres where we are "waiting for them to make a mistake" have been too common in recent years and they are very damaging. It's not our fault of course, but if we can avoid it then my opinion is let's do so.

I'll even back Super Gary Madine

I get that pal, I also would like to think I'm like that.

However, you must also agree after all the Shit & disappointment we've been through for a number of years now, by Christ it can drag you down!

I'm finding myself being more realistic than optimistic, maybe it's time to take a break for me, so I can get my mojo back :)

I get that pal, I also would like to think I'm like that.

However, you must also agree after all the Shit & disappointment we've been through for a number of years now, by Christ it can drag you down!

I'm finding myself being more realistic than optimistic, maybe it's time to take a break for me, so I can get my mojo back :)

Shit fan :D

Pre season games are about trying out shapes and formations, results are of no consequence other than breeding confidence, come 6th August I'm sure PP will know his best side and formation.

No it's not.

Unless you're setting up to fail.

We've used that same pathetic excuse for 5 years now.

Let's try something new.

Not doubting we've been poor. Simply stating that it is easy to set us up for a fall if you want to compare the quality of a penniless league one club to a premiership one.

Win lose or draw against Burnley and it won't make much difference come the Sheff Utd game.

I'm the last person on earth that wants us to set us up for fall (except maybe Mounts)

I can see this season being shite again, we are very ill prepared, carrying too heavy a squad still & I spent the journey from Bradford on the train, talking to a Bradford fan (ST holder of course) about Parkinson.

He confirmed what my Bradford mates told me about him.

Doom & gloom ahead.

I'll still be there though.

Hoping he, me & others are wrong.

Edited by BOWTUN BAKED

I'm the last person on earth that wants us to set us up for fall (except maybe Mounts)

I can see this season being shite again, we are very ill prepared, carrying too heavy a squad still & I spent the journey from Bradford on the train, talking to a Bradford fan (ST holder of course) about Parkinson.

He confirmed what my Bradford mates told me about him.

Doom & gloom ahead.

I'll still be there though.

Hoping he, me & others are wrong.

I'd take Bradford fans opinion with pinch of salt it's what fans say when the manager has fucked you off. We will be alreet.

I'd take Bradford fans opinion with pinch of salt it's what fans say when the manager has fucked you off. We will be alreet.

I've heard this about Parkinson 2 year ago, not recently.

The guy today, a stranger, shirted the works, comfirmed what I'd already heard. I didn't tell him I was Bowtun til he spilled his guts.

His parting words were, I'll see you this season..... & the next.... & the next.

I , like you, hope he's very very wrong, but I've heard it too many times now.

Do you know where Parkinson was sat today during the match?

I've heard this about Parkinson 2 year ago, not recently.

The guy today, a stranger, shirted the works, comfirmed what I'd already heard. I didn't tell him I was Bowtun til he spilled his guts.

His parting words were, I'll see you this season..... & the next.... & the next.

I , like you, hope he's very very wrong, but I've heard it too many times now.

Do you know where Parkinson was sat today during the match?

Think he was up in the stands.

Nope

After years

Not weeks

I think it's more about having a better view of team shape than taking his eye off the ball.

FWIW a lad at work is a Bradford season ticket holder and said don't be surprised by a slow start that picks up after his methods take hold, he described the sports science mon Allenby as an 'unsung hero.' 

We all know how crap it's been for years but give the bloke a chance, as others have said, we'll be reet.

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

• Site Supporter

Opens the thread with a smile on my face after seeing the result.

Read two pages, tried not to slit my wrists.

Thought about Sheffield U game ahead, then Wimbledon, shut the thread with a smile on my face.

3 "away" wins to date. Well done PP. Been a long time coming, Friednlies or not. Wins breed wins, breed wins

All except 1 Bradford fan I know have said PP has been one of the major factors in improving their club, they gutted he is going.

The one who does not like him says he plays boring limited football happy to squeezes results, all sounds better than we are used to.

Bolton fans moaning about the appointment are exactly the same as England fans moaning about BSA.

All except 1 Bradford fan I know have said PP has been one of the major factors in improving their club, they gutted he is going.

The one who does not like him says he plays boring limited football happy to squeezes results, all sounds better than we are used to.

Bolton fans moaning about the appointment are exactly the same as England fans moaning about BSA.

He sounds like he's cut from same cloth as SA a pragmatic manager who first and foremost wants clean sheets and a resilient team and if we are ever going getting upwardly mobile that's the foundation we need in place.

• Site Supporter

I couldn't give a shit the teams we have beaten in pre-season have been from lower leagues than us, winning never reduces confidence.

Been years since we won more than 1 or 2 pre-season games. Also been years since we made a decent start to the season - maybe there's more to it than just improving fitness

You would like £50 bet on that ?

No. I'm only jesting. I want him to succeed, I worry that he'll have his hand tied somewhat due to some of the high earners still on the books.

As 'Baked has pointed out, a lot of Bradford fans aren't overly fussed that he's gone as they didn't rate him too highly.

As long as he stabilises the club, and we don't drop another division then I'll be happy this season

Pre-season for me shouldn't be about just fitness. Thats what rivy pike is for. Get a formation and tactics and apply them in the game. If each game we try different formations and different players in these formations, come sheffield United, no one is settled in a position, playing next to someone they know and can build an in game partnership with and there isn't a settled formation.

What if wheater doesn't resign? He's taken opportunities someone else could have