Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Watching England

Marc505

Despite the fayre we're being treated to tonight, I'm becoming more interested in the idea of going to a few England games home and away but have never looked into it before now. I'd like to go to the Scotland home game in November and one or two of the upcoming aways in 2017, Malta and/or Lithuania.

I know a few off here go regularly - how do you go about starting the process of getting tickets for games like this, is it a case of joining the official supporters club and hoping for the best? Or do you have to really do the hard yards and collect caps at games like this tonight to have a chance of going to the Scotland games and the smaller aways?

If you join the Englandfans club, it is for each two year tournament period, you start building caps straight away, those on low caps or new members do get opportunities for tickets as without new members the numbers would dwindle rapidly as there are always folk who don't renew, as for Malta away next September we have just booked a weeks package holiday in Melhiua for £450, it is a good craic travelling and there are quite a few Bolton fans travel regularly

If you join the Englandfans club, it is for each two year tournament period, you start building caps straight away, those on low caps or new members do get opportunities for tickets as without new members the numbers would dwindle rapidly as there are always folk who don't renew, as for Malta away next September we have just booked a weeks package holiday in Melhiua for £450, it is a good craic travelling and there are quite a few Bolton fans travel regularly

Cheers! I expected you'd have the knowledge on this!

So if I had designs on going to the Scotland home game do you think I should get to some games before then to get caps on the board?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.