Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dons 1 Wanderers 2

Cairocuz

is Wimbledon about a 40 min train back out from Euston

Wimbledon currently play at Kingston on Thames, (which i think is one of the poshest parts of London) though they do have plans to return to Wimbledon..

The ground guide book has Norbiton as the nearest station (15 mins walk ) but New Malden is a bit further away but recommended as a better choice for pubs. For both stations, Waterloo is the starting point, so with Euston to Waterloo, Waterloo to New Malden & then a 15/20 minute walk I'd guess it'll be over an hour from Euston to the ground.

Wimbledon currently play at Kingston on Thames, (which i think is one of the poshest parts of London) though they do have plans to return to Wimbledon..

The ground guide book has Norbiton as the nearest station (15 mins walk ) but New Malden is a bit further away but recommended as a better choice for pubs. For both stations, Waterloo is the starting point, so with Euston to Waterloo, Waterloo to New Malden & then a 15/20 minute walk I'd guess it'll be over an hour from Euston to the ground.

Kingston itself is as near to the ground as New Malden

Was there last weekend and its a great place with lovely pubs along the river

Breakfast at mine at Waterloo

Other half supports AFC so I've been to the ground a few times, it's certainly an experience. The ground is conference level at best, but the general match day experience is pretty good.

There is a bar in the home end that serves both sets of fans, which is worth bearing in mind if you get the ground half an hour before. They usually have good beer on from the Wimbledon Brewery and they let you drink it out on the concourse, so if it's sunny it's a good place to soak up the pre-match atmosphere. It's just behind the main stand.

I wouldn't suggest boozing in New Malden unless you want some bibimbap with Korean lager chasers, I play football in the area and all of the pubs are crap. I would go to either Kingston as Tomski has said and leg it to the ground, or alternatively go to Clapham Junction as there are a few decent pubs around the station.

Other half supports AFC so I've been to the ground a few times, it's certainly an experience. The ground is conference level at best, but the general match day experience is pretty good.

It is Kingstonian's ground, Isthmian League Premier, equivalent status to Northern Premier.

AFC bought the ground from Kingstonian back in 2003 on the basis that Kingstonian would still be allowed to play at the ground.

Kingstonian were having some serious financial problems at the time and the sale just about kept the afloat. If AFC get permission for the new stadium at Plough Lane, they have agreed to sell the stadium to Chelsea for their reserves and women's teams.

The stadium is now way to big for Kingstonian as AFC have redeveloped a few of the stands but it still remains a conference stadium in my eyes. It's worth having a quick Google Malc and you can see how the stadium has changed since AFC bought it.

Just booked on a National Express 1st thing from Manchester. Myself and two other tight-fisted, don't mind a numb arse and 10 hour return trip if it saves 40 quid bastards.

Can you drink on national express? Surely makes more sense to use club travel to save getting to Manchester and where ever it drops off in London.