Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bbc Vs Itv

MancWanderer

• Site Supporter

Yet again, for me, it shows why why ITV shouldn't be allowed with a million miles of any football match

I fucking hate Lineker with a passion but for fuck's sake give the BBC any big sporting tournament

How did you watch both?

What did ITV do wrong? they even had better pundits imo. I watched it on ITV

I watched ITV but with the sound very low and switched channels between periods of play.

And switched off about 5 seconds after the final final whistle.

How did you watch both?

Wasn't talking about tonight's match more the tournament in general

Commentators/Co-commentators - BBC every time - Clive Tyldesley???

Pundits - BBC - more knowledgeable in my opinion and much as I hate Lineker, a better host

Danny Murphy is the bastard child of Mark Laurenson. Whoever did the main match commentary on the BBC last night was every but as tedious and fawning as Clive Tyldesley. ITV have the better in studio pundits - Lee Dickson and Slaven Bilic were the best in the tournament. BBC are perilously close to being overtaken by ITV for the first time in my lifetime - and not because ITV are doing much right. The only thing stopping it from happening is adverts and the fact that Mark Pougatch is dreadful.

Given a choice i'd always go for bbc down to them having no ads and ting.

I do find ITV more bearable now it's Adrian Chiles free. His smug face used to infuriate me greatly.

The pundits for both stations have been better than the actual football served up.

Bilic was my favourite pundit of the tournament. His celebrations for Payet were cracking viewing.

Ian Wright still calling Hoddle gaffer is always entertaining.

As is wrighty being an over excited child when England play.

Where the adverts on itv are annoying it does stop the time filling waffling the happens on the beeb.

The actual commentary and presenting was much better on bbc but it won in the pundits battle by far.

BBC all day for me.  No adverts, better presenters in general and a more 'professional' set up.  Oh, and no Andy Townsend.

Bilic and Dixon are very good though.  Didn't Dixon used to be on BBC?  Murphy's OK for me but, well, a bit, er, too scouse?!  He does talk like someone who knows the game though, which I like.  His assessment of Pepe last night was spot on.

Have to say I did a double take when I first saw this thread . . .

edit - BBC need to fcuk Rio floppy lips off though, all he does is state the obvious and roll out cliche after cliche

Edited by madthatter

I don't let things like this bother me. Dont mind Clive Tyldsley if I'm honest. If pundits bring something other than bad defending, great goal, mile offside and other cliché comments then I'm happy enough. The only exception I have to this rule is Robbie Fookin' Savage.

Murphy's one of the best we've got at the minute.

Being best of the utter shite isn't an achievement.

He was a fuckin average midfielder whose game was based on passing the ball 5 yards to someone better than him. The shit he spouted last night making himself out as an über expert on all positions and mistakes makes me think he has himself up their with historic greats such as pele, beckenbauer, zoff and maldini.

He's a cunt and a bald shit talking cunt at that.

Being best of the utter shite isn't an achievement.

He was a fuckin average midfielder whose game was based on passing the ball 5 yards to someone better than him. The shit he spouted last night making himself out as an über expert on all positions and mistakes makes me think he has himself up their with historic greats such as pele, beckenbauer, zoff and maldini.

He's a cunt and a bald shit talking cunt at that.

That's a lot of effort to go to just to mug yourself off.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.