Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1 Sheff Utd 0

globaldiver

What it should be -

Amos
Wilson, Osede, Beevers, Moxey

Trotter, Spearing, Davies

Clayton, Madine, Taylor

Clough come off the bench on about 60 minutes, Woolery at about 75 regardless of scoreline.

3-1 win.

What it will be -

Howard,

Eardley, Wheater, Beevers, Moxey

Pratley, Spearing, Vela

Davies, Taylor

Madine

Vela and Pratley anonymous, not enough width or support for Madine and Wheater caught out for pace.

0-2 loss.

• Site Supporter

What it should be -

Amos

Wilson, Osede, Beevers, Moxey

Trotter, Spearing, Davies

Clayton, Madine, Taylor

Clough come off the bench on about 60 minutes, Woolery at about 75 regardless of scoreline.

3-1 win.

What it will be -

Howard,

Eardley, Wheater, Beevers, Moxey

Pratley, Spearing, Vela

Davies, Taylor

Madine

Vela and Pratley anonymous, not enough width or support for Madine and Wheater caught out for pace.

0-2 loss.

Only one (two) flaw(s) in that, Wheater and Eardley are not signed

I reckon Proctor will be first choice striker too, especially with him getting the number 9 shirt, that's if squad numbers matter these days like?

I see no number 2 or 11 yet allocated in our current squad, I reckon Eardley will get the number 2 shirt and Caryol will get the number 11 shirt.

Prediction- Bolton 0 Blades 0

• Site Supporter

Clayton needs plenty of game time yet before he's ready to start. The fizzy beer cup and that stupid other trophy we have to play in are the places to start him for the first few weeks of the season with him being an impact sub (hopefully) in league games

With mix of players with Premiership experience and young talent we should win the league. Anything less than a play off place would be a big disappointment.

Aye all that premiership experience has served us well so far.

Can't wait for it to bail us out of the shit when we are 1-0 down away at Scunthorpe.

With mix of players with Premiership experience and young talent we should win the league. Anything less than a play off place would be a big disappointment.

Pretty sure plenty said the same when we got relegated from the Prem.

Don't think anybody is writing anything off.

Think we've all been kicked in the bollocks that many times over the past few seasons folk are just entering the new season with caution.

The nucleus of the team is still made up of last seasons shower of shite. Can't blame people for being less than convinced things are going to change.

• Site Supporter

Shame when some of our own fans are writing off our chances before the seasons even started. Still need to find a goal scorer, but already it looks like we might be more solid at the back and have enough in the middle for this division.

more 0-1 defeats then.

narrow pitch only means the opposition won't be able to attack us so easily.

as for up front , we have nothing.

not being negative , just realistic.

if i want to be negative , administration in jan 17

I'm not writing anything off or being a doom merchant. I've just seen nothing but a shower of shite with gutless performances one after another.

Hopefully the new fella in charge can bring a different mind set to the squad, and that's what it needs, not just a reliance on their so called talent.

Edited by DazBob

• Moderators

It was obvious Lennon was short of ideas

It's become apparent he fell out with a fair few

This fella improved Bradford and I'm confident he'll improve us

Admin aside, anything less than top six with the current squad will be a big failure

• Site Supporter

Admin aside, anything less than top six with the current squad will be a big failure

see you on saturday .................

oh hang on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've only 14 experienced pros in the squad way to thin to be anywhere near top 6 and most of them never played at this level.

Like has been said, last season was so disappointing as we were dead and buried early on in the season but when you look back at individual games we were so close from getting more points in a lot of those matches

Conceding late, losing 1-0 etc etc. We started off defending well but with a very limited attack, eventually confidence was shot to shit.

As it stands I'm just not sure we have made a great deal of progress with creating / scoring goals and that will be the key

• Site Supporter

This!

We've only 14 experienced pros in the squad way to thin to be anywhere near top 6 and most of them never played at this level.

Most of them only played at a higher level, don't get your point.

As for a small squad, see Burnley last season, injuries permitting. We got to be due some luck on that front