Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Working Week

Sweep

Average week about 60 hours

Most hours done in a week 101

Most consecutive hours done 27

Used to do similar for decades, so glad I don't anymore.

I got told off today as our time is logged on the systems we use & I've missed breaks & return to work before I've used my dinner hour up. I had to explain that I'm not used to working part-time :D

Are you my wife? :D

Seriously though pal that's some going...are you salary? B)

No paid by the hour

I work all over the uk refurbing pubs and the turn round is so tight

Pub closed=no turnover so it's normally 1 or 2 weeks shut down

Wife?you've not popped the question yet think your scared of commitment

No paid by the hour

I work all over the uk refurbing pubs and the turn round is so tight

Pub closed=no turnover so it's normally 1 or 2 weeks shut down

Wife?you've not popped the question yet think your scared of commitment

Heavy duty that game mate. Some firm called Tonks from Stoke do all the Mitchell's and Butler stuff up this way. They were working 24 hours on our pegs gaff and the bay horse at the end of the road.

Few lads I know work for Myriad, they come back from working away like Friday night millionaires haha put them with the rig workers in he eagle and its like the wolf of Wall Street meets I.D :D

Done a few for m&b we used to be main furniture suppliers for them

Think they are finding it a bit hard now with Greene king trying to corner the pub trade

Also worked with tonks last one I think was near the windmill near your neck of the woods

Can't remember the name though

Done a few for m&b we used to be main furniture suppliers for them

Think they are finding it a bit hard now with Greene king trying to corner the pub trade

Also worked with tonks last one I think was near the windmill near your neck of the woods

Can't remember the name though

Aye greenking have just acquired all the flaming grill gaffs round here. They are one of our biggest contracts. Just hope they don't follow M&B's model and go for national contractors :( we lost 6 pubs when they did that a couple

Of years ago ????????

One near windmill in Marton near motorway? That would be the Toby Carvery - Clifton arms probably.

Greening are buying shit loads of other chains

But only keeping the ones that show very big profits

The others they just sell on to builders to turn them into flats,offices etc

They are one of the reason a lot of pubs are shutting down

Edited by 1969

When I was made reduntant in 2010 I decided I was going to retire, I was making plenty of money share dealing which took about an hour a day. After 12 months I was bored shitless, everybody else was at work so I'd either go on holiday or go to the pub. In the end I decided to get a shit job but it's only about 15 mins walk from where I live, It's full of minge, I don't have to do any work and there's more drugs available than a Wanderersways sportmans dinner. I spend the morning asking ladies if I can put my widgy up the bottoms and the afternoons drinking tea and watching the Olympics

Stick your retirement up your arses, I'm keeping working until I'm dead, well I say working but I actually mean turning up

About 60 hours per week

Start time anything between 4.30 and 8am. Finish time anything between 6 and 11pm

"Standard" day if I'm out with one of my reps in Manc is on emails at 8am, out the door by 9am, maybe home by 4pm and on laptop for emails/sales reports til about 8pm

Sales innit. Decent basic salary but big money comes with time and effort. Always been a rep or manager so never known anything different

When I was made reduntant in 2010 I decided I was going to retire, I was making plenty of money share dealing which took about an hour a day. After 12 months I was bored shitless, everybody else was at work so I'd either go on holiday or go to the pub. In the end I decided to get a shit job but it's only about 15 mins walk from where I live, It's full of minge, I don't have to do any work and there's more drugs available than a Wanderersways sportmans dinner. I spend the morning asking ladies if I can put my widgy up the bottoms and the afternoons drinking tea and watching the Olympics

Stick your retirement up your arses, I'm keeping working until I'm dead, well I say working but I actually mean turning up

Councillor?

My wages from Geegeez are supposedly to cover me doing 16-20 hrs a week for the site, but I invariably do far more.

That said, the extra time I invest in the site pays off in my personal betting strategies.

Can you give me any decent tips then for cash?

• Members

0830-1500 with 30 minute lunch break that I never have. 1 weekend a month but I then get 3 days off the following week. Could never work on a ward again after doing District nursing. It's ace! Plus it's well and truely opened my eyes seeing how some people live, this day and age! Dirty sods.

0830-1500 with 30 minute lunch break that I never have. 1 weekend a month but I then get 3 days off the following week. Could never work on a ward again after doing District nursing. It's ace! Plus it's well and truely opened my eyes seeing how some people live, this day and age! Dirty sods.

Think yourself lucky you never had to cleanup after the feckers. Oh happy days.