Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bury 0 Wanderers 2

captainmed

• Site Supporter

It was already in my pocket and I just acted numb. "What the fuck you talking about?" :whistle: :unknw:

Then when you offered him the pie.

Went into the stand and reappeared at the other end. LW finished it off.

For those who weren't there, a small hip flask had accidentally slipped into my pocket at home full of brandy. Medicinal, obviously.

• Site Supporter

Am I heck pal, "how's about that then" was one of Savile's catchphrases. Cooper's was "not like this,like that"

True fact, Savile was born on Halloween....

haha, take your word for it, my memories fucked, thought Savile just said 'now then, now then'

aye just googled it and you're right.

I've been telling Tommy Cooper jokes all my life, finishing up with "how's about that then" :blush:

Edited by Alf Hartigan

It was already in my pocket and I just acted numb. "What the fuck you talking about?" :whistle: :unknw:

For those who weren't there, a small hip flask had accidentally slipped into my pocket at home full of brandy. Medicinal, obviously.

He actually took a second glance at the water I thrust in his face. Bless, he looked angry.

You kept that quiet!

Fucking loved that.

I'll add Gigg to the list of grounds I've seen us win at int league.

Missed kick off but I believe it was a bit manic outside.

Scenes when we scored the second penalty where ace. I even filmed it like a Yoof!

haha, take your word for it, my memories fucked, thought Savile just said 'now then, now then'

aye just googled it and you're right.

I've been telling Tommy Cooper jokes all my life, finishing up with "how's about that then" :blush:

C, get the recent Louis Theroux episode up on BBC iplayer re Savile.. The bit at roughly 31 mins 50 seconds in will make you piss your sides mate.

• Site Supporter

3 Points about tonight.

1 Madine is stealing a wage.

2 Defence is solid as a rock

3 Madine is stealing a wage.

Other than that, a tremendous performance, and Ameobi is getting into his stride, onwards and upwards

Madine's job is to stand up top heading balls down. He did it. We won 2-0. No need for a scapegoat after 5 clean sheet wins.

Bloody enjoyed that. As mentioned earlier in the thread, 2-0 flattered Bury in the end. The Proctor miss was a shocker but we seemed a threat every time we broke forward quickly which certainly hasn't been the case very often in the recent past.

Clough showed the quality that we know he's all got - keep it up and he might just be that 15 goal a season striker after all.

As with pretty much everybody else, I've been a critic of Madine but fuck me he worked his nads off tonight and played a big part with the high pressing that meant they could never settle, take a bow lad.

Derik was a bit anonymous for me although to be fair him and Spearing seemed to be bypassed far too much in the first half when I'd have preferred us to have got our foot on the ball and dictated the tempo a little bit more. Still not convinced about Ameobi but he does at least scare the shit out of defenders even though nobody knows what he's going to with the ball, our lads included.

Beevers and Wheater are an absolute rock of a partnership and all, hugely vital we can keep them fit.

All good on and off the field. We were in the Main Stand and you could virtually see the foam forming on the touchline from all the rabid Bury fans opposite. Piss funny how mad they were going every time we even took a throw in on that side, never mind Clough celebrating in front of them!

I caught a glimpse of you gleefully filming that on your phone from across the street!

Yeah did the first 20, then when we realised we were gonna miss the kick off, managed to get out of it and stood at the lights to film.

Mind, it helps if u have a female with u.

:lol: