Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Swindon 0 Wanderers 1

famouswanderer

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before yesterday we'd created about one good chance a game for the past few, and that's generous

Sounds like a massive improvement to me

bang on, that was my concern which others thought I was moaning at.

For me missed chances can get brushed up in training midweek. We all know we haven't got a 25 goal man in us so others need to put these chances away.

Swindon were a poor poor side.

We'll be back to one chance a game against better sides.

I'm hoping Oldham are going to be as poor.

Though the Bury game will be back to a poor performance from us if we don't start getting better at the basics.

I'm glad of the 3 points but it only looked better from recent weeks because of how bad Swindon were. As bad as Swindon were, they still had in the first half times were 3 passes & they were on our back 4, thankfully they chose to shoot from outside the box..... & shoot badly. A better side would have been into the box & showing up our disarray from quick counters.

Swindon were a poor poor side.

We'll be back to one chance a game against better sides.

I'm hoping Oldham are going to be as poor.

Though the Bury game will be back to a poor performance from us if we don't start getting better at the basics.

I'm glad of the 3 points but it only looked better from recent weeks because of how bad Swindon were. As bad as Swindon were, they still had in the first half times were 3 passes & they were on our back 4, thankfully they chose to shoot from outside the box..... & shoot badly. A better side would have been into the box & showing up our disarray from quick counters.

watched that Peterborough bury game and was impressed how fast they move the ball and utilise their wingers, we have no pace whatsoever

• Site Supporter

Two buses, one taxi and six trains. One train that went backward to go forward (work that out!!) ten hours travelling, English, Dutch, Polish and Czech Lager, ten fags, three paracetamol and four fisherman friends. Be friended by a Chinese priest and two Dutch travellers.

Gash football, lost my voice and a good(ish) hangover.

A wins a win.

No team will walk this league. (Scunthorpe now faulted int at home)

There is a lot of football to be played and points to win (or be dropped) by all.

Think PP knows what he is doing.

Onwards we Trot

• Site Supporter

Just seen extended highlights. How many chances?

Irrelevant of tactics and how we played, we created enough chances to win three games.

You don't practice finishing such chances. It comes with confidence.

Hopefully that goal will help us kick on.

• Site Supporter

Just seen extended highlights. How many chances?

Irrelevant of tactics and how we played, we created enough chances to win three games.

You don't practice finishing such chances. It comes with confidence.

Hopefully that goal will help us kick on.

Agree

Surely nobody who went to Rochdale can be complaining about that performance?

I've only watched the highlights but we created some clear chances! Absolutely fuck all created at Rochdale and home to Oxford for that matter.

Long old season, will be loads of ups and downs

We've come up against a couple of good keepers (Walsall lad stopped us winning that one) but a bit of work on finishing one-on-ones might not go amiss, We had three or four on Sat and at least a couple were easy enough curls round or dinks over the keeper

I'd rather poor finishing be the difference, than us just being shit.

At least they can hopefully improve upon the former to prevent the latter