Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1 Grimsby 0

burnden

Enjoyed the game today, Without Wheater, Beevers we'd have lost that game they were immense the head block from Wheater had to be seen to be believed also like Howard he's safe as houses, Perry had decent debut I like him from what bits I've seen in the younger teams, though size of home support was embarrassing, it looked to me 80% of the crowd were 50 plus crazy corner was virtually empty what were going to do for fans in 20-30 year god only knows.

• Site Supporter

All crazy corner s/t holders were dispersed by club decision to sell out the lower tiers in blocks, starting from the opposite end. 

Strange decision, they've not got much wrong recently, but they fucked this up.

Saying that, it was a pitiful home turnout in my opinion.

Not a bad game, we should have been out of sight 1st half, fair play to Grimsby 2nd, looked more than decent, liked the lad Bogle up front for them. They should have got a replay out of it but they didn't, we're through with a weakened side and move on.

Nice debut from Perry, composed on ball, passed it well with either foot. Proctor was frustrating again, lost patience with him today, another 60 odd mins of wrestling and losing with their defence, poor touches and giving the ball away.

Good job we turned that first choice back five out again, Wheater/Beevers/Howard seriously hard to get past

Their fans were great, fair play, made an atmosphere

Went to the game today and I can say with all honesty that was crap we was taught a football lesson today they past the ball around really well the only thing they lacked was a goal scorer. Who do we have up front Proctor who could not score in a brothel thank god we had Trotter today but I suppose all we can happy about is we are in the second round.

Went to the game today and I can say with all honesty that was crap we was taught a football lesson today they past the ball around really well the only thing they lacked was a goal scorer. Who do we have up front Proctor who could not score in a brothel thank god we had Trotter today but I suppose all we can happy about is we are in the second round.

Taught a lesson? Not in first half we were all over them, could/should have been 3 up. Thought we had two or three moves were we did pass it around and opened them up, that Clough chance especially. Very comfortable first half but second they were all over us fair enough and prob lucky to win but defence very good again. Was a disappointing turn out and never heard us so quiet but I'm still glad I went.

• Members

Watched every minute. Should have been out of sight at half time.

Victory completely down to Howard, Wheater and Beevers IMO. If they stay fit, we are going up.

Commentator summed it up - "Wheater has missed nothing in the air all day".

Clean sheets mean success.

Edited by bolty58

Watched every minute. Should have been out of sight at half time.

Victory completely down to Howard, Wheater and Beevers IMO. If they stay fit, we are going up.

Commentator summed it up - "Wheater has missed nothing in the air all day".

Clean sheets mean success.

The new holy trinity. COYFWM.

Me and the Eldest went today, it was like a reserve game for us and a cup final for them. First half we should have been 3 up playing in 2nd gear, 2nd half they threw the kitchen sink at us. Wheater was a colossus when he got hit in the face with the ball and just got on with it the man's a legend. Perry looks good on the ball but not so strong in the tackle, looks a good prospect though. Proctor was bobbins he doesn't even look for the ball when he jumps for it. Mom Howard for the 2 great saves he made, Accrington or Halifax away would be good in the next round.