Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fitbit's And The Like.....

Smiley

I've got one off Amazon. It's non-branded and cost me £23. Seems to do a job, syncs well with the Zerona app. Only use it for when I'm running and playing 5-a-side though.

I'm not sure why anyone would pay all that extra just to have one made by Fitbit as it's essentially the same technology.

I've got one off Amazon. It's non-branded and cost me £23. Seems to do a job, syncs well with the Zerona app. Only use it for when I'm running and playing 5-a-side though.

I'm not sure why anyone would pay all that extra just to have one made by Fitbit as it's essentially the same technology.

Mrs Sweep have just bought the Fitbit Alta this weekend, for about £85

She's had several of the non-branded one's over the last 12 or 18 months, and they all seem to break within 4 or 5 months, I pulled one apart, and the build quality inside was utter shite, there was no over-charge circuitry in side for a start, and it wasn't potted, which explains it stopping working very quickly (vibration and/or overcharge being the root cause I guess)........as she has bought this new one from John Lewis, at least if it breaks in the next 2 years, it'll get replaced/refunded (apparently)

• Moderators

She's had several of the non-branded one's over the last 12 or 18 months, and they all seem to break within 4 or 5 months, I pulled one apart, and the build quality inside was utter shite, there was no over-charge circuitry in side for a start, and it wasn't potted, which explains it stopping working very quickly (vibration and/or overcharge being the root cause I guess)........as she has bought this new one from John Lewis, at least if it breaks in the next 2 years, it'll get replaced/refunded (apparently)

Sol-der Campbell.

I think whether it's GPS has a lot to do with the price range.

I almost got caught out today when I nearly bought a fitbit online. The text on the website claimed it was GPS, but when you read the more detailed description it only had GPS "connectivity". The difference being you need to sync it with your phone and it uses the phones GPS. So you have to take your phone on your run with you in order to track your run. Can't be arsed with that in my pocket.

The £200+ ones have built in GPS so you don't need to bother with the phone. No way am I paying that though.

• 4 weeks later...