Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

On 13/03/2021 at 13:29, fester58 said:

Bit late to the party, but been told to give DRY CLEANING a spin. Two albums and a few EPs to get through. Quite like the style so far. Thought I’d search on here to see if I’d missed anyone posting about them! Nearly 2 years ago!

18 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Dry Cleaning are decent - got Thus Love supporting them on their tour I think.

Playing at Albert Hall. Fair sized venue for a band I’d never heard of. Saying that, Yard Act have sold out the same venue. Loving their tunes.

18 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Playing at Albert Hall. Fair sized venue for a band I’d never heard of. Saying that, Yard Act have sold out the same venue. Loving their tunes.

It was moved from Brixton due to the venues losing their licence. I've now got to schelp over there for King Wizzard now. Rubbish.

Got tickets to that Yard Act gig as well.

26 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

It was moved from Brixton due to the venues losing their licence. I've now got to schelp over there for King Wizzard now. Rubbish.

Got tickets to that Yard Act gig as well.

Yard Act are playing at Dot To Dot festival here along with Hi Vis who I really like and a stack of other bands from around the area, was really looking forward to going for the first time.

Unfortunately it's the day of the L1 play off final...

14 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Yard Act are playing at Dot To Dot festival here along with Hi Vis who I really like and a stack of other bands from around the area, was really looking forward to going for the first time.

They are very good live. Was intresting when I went to see them the crowd was mainly made up of older folks (although I was in the sitting area!) Divorce are another good band who are on that line up

20 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

They are very good live. Was intresting when I went to see them the crowd was mainly made up of older folks (although I was in the sitting area!) Divorce are another good band who are on that line up

Yeah we like Divorce too seen them a couple of times in Notts, they have something about them. Sure we'll get to see Yard Act and a few of the others on the lineup during the year. Or we don't make the final 

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

But will you be interested in a final that doesn’t involve the Whites?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Just watched this the song feels like a reject Marylin Manson track with a shock video.

I was only made aware of it through Justin Hawkins' excellent youtube channel. It's definitely not my kind of thing.

Edited by Cheese

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

I was only made aware of it through Justin Hawkins' excellent youtube channel. It's definitely not my kind of thing.

I love me a bit of Mazza (even if he has turned out to be an abusive prick) this track and its video both seem like something from his rejects bin.

Justin Hawkins will forever be a hero just for getting a song about bellends into the regular christmas radio rotation