Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, burnden said:

John Peel stage has been renamed this year

May be an image of text that says "It's also been announced that the John Peel stage, named after the DJ, has been renamed. It will now be called Woodsies after the field it's located in. Peel, who died in 2004, has faced accusations of sexual assault. "We've had 20 years of John Peel and it's been an honour to use his name," Eavis said."

John Peels son (Tom Ravenscroft) has a voice that makes me want to murder guide dogs. Sounds a right cunt. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Hasn't done in years, on time, two hour plus sets. Also good value.

last I heard was this one in 2012 - know a girl who want, was dead excited and all that, but only saw about 2 songs before she had to leave to get her last train hom

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/film-and-tv/fans-walk-out-of-manchester-arena-689050

Fans walked out of the Manchester Arena after rock giants Guns N' Roses kept them waiting for over an hour - and then played a set that went on until 2.15am.

The US rockers were due on at around 10pm but didn't take the stage until around 11.15pm, by which time some members of the audience had given up waiting.

1 hour ago, Zico said:

last I heard was this one in 2012 - know a girl who want, was dead excited and all that, but only saw about 2 songs before she had to leave to get her last train hom

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/film-and-tv/fans-walk-out-of-manchester-arena-689050

Fans walked out of the Manchester Arena after rock giants Guns N' Roses kept them waiting for over an hour - and then played a set that went on until 2.15am.

The US rockers were due on at around 10pm but didn't take the stage until around 11.15pm, by which time some members of the audience had given up waiting.

That was the gig the Showsec supervisors who treated the job like their very own little prison camp used to take great pleasure in scaring the new starters with stories of when I worked there. Set of jumped up cunts.

The supervisors, not the band.

You kind of feel short changed when Axl isn't acting like a prick.

GnR at Donny in '06 was prime arsehole Axl and was massively entertaining watching him (and othe band members) spitting the dummy out.

Seen them a few times since and they've always been a belting watch musically on point and no tantrums. Amazing shows but somehow not Guns N Roses

1 hour ago, Zico said:

That was on the Chinese Democracy tour, since the Not In This Lifetime with most of.the old lineup he's been on time and they've done Springsteen esque sets.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, burnden said:

Glasto line up so far 

Not gone down well with some because no female headliners 

Emily Eavis in response said they did have one but she pulled out 

And they might have two next year 

And they always aim for equality and the entire line up is about 50/50

and there are 46 non white acts 

But some people are just never satisfied

1 minute ago, Zico said:

Not gone down well with some because no female headliners 

Emily Eavis in response said they did have one but she pulled out 

And they might have two next year 

And they always aim for equality and the entire line up is about 50/50

and there are 46 non white acts 

But some people are just never satisfied

That's not quite what she said.

It's mainly because the the pipeline for headliners is male based because that's how the business worked.

In 5-10 years time it will be different is what she's saying, and she's right in that.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

That's not quite what she said.

It's mainly because the the pipeline for headliners is male based because that's how the business worked.

In 5-10 years time it will be different is what she's saying, and she's right in that.

She said all that 

She also said it's a grass roots problem  

In any case folk are trying to be critical about diversity amongst headliners at Glastonbury when Glastonbury shouldn't ever be criticised for not looking to be diverse 

27 minutes ago, Zico said:

She said all that 

She also said it's a grass roots problem  

In any case folk are trying to be critical about diversity amongst headliners at Glastonbury when Glastonbury shouldn't ever be criticised for not looking to be diverse 

Grassroot is the pipeline problem.

I mean I used to work for a company that owned universal- what people hear is what the industry wants you to. Wet Leg isn't a moment in time.

In 7 to 8 years time that headline will look a bit different.

• Site Supporter

Elton John is a bandit, surely that ticks enough boxes?

And the Arctics have disappeared up their own arses which is some form of gender identity I’m sure.

That just leaves GnR as the only white heterosexuals on the headliners list.

So boooooooo, basic white dads being discriminated against as fucking usual.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Grassroot is the pipeline problem.

I mean I used to work for a company that owned universal- what people hear is what the industry wants you to. Wet Leg isn't a moment in time.

In 7 to 8 years time that headline will look a bit different.

It'll look different next year, 2 female acts they hope 

They had one last year 

There's loads of female acts on this year 

I just dont see that it should be something to have a pop at Glastonbury of all festivals about 

They shouldn't be expected to have at least one female headliner out of 3 each year 

They've got a bummer on 

Some folk are never satisfied

• Site Supporter

So basically they’ll get Miley Cyrus and Madonna.

People will still moan.

Not enough genders.

I bet all 73 genders still have to shit onto each others turds and it stinks the same

Edited by Spider

• Moderators
23 hours ago, green genie said:

image.thumb.png.3f0036fa2ac367b6e8fb139f45613a73.png

Bit pissed off got Glastonbury as would’ve been all over this

I'd probably only leave my tent for Iggy Pop on day one but overall that looks decent

Thus Love were blinding last night, really hope they reach a bigger audience. Lovely blokes as well - the singer sold me a t shirt as he was manning his own merch stall.

The Windmill in Brixton is a great pub if anyone is down that way, worth popping in if you like alternative music.

On 03/03/2023 at 12:25, Zico said:

aye, it should be

it was up until yesterday

but it's on this wham album look

cMKnmqh.png

and what the fuck is "wham featuring george michael" all about

Wham!_featuring_George_Michael_US_releas

99.9% certain that it was a GM song, but being best pals with Andrew, he gave him some of the rights to the song. I’ll try and dig it out.

Since 1982, he has reportedly amassed £10 million from sales and royalties of records. Although 'Careless Whisper' was a George Michael solo song, it was credited as being co-written by Andrew. He still receives thousands of pounds each year from his share of 'Careless Whisper' royalties alone.

"So George Michael wrote Careless Whisper at 17, but when it was released when he was 21 he added Andrew Ridgeley to the writing credits so he would never worry about money.

Edited by Smiley

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Since 1982, he has reportedly amassed £10 million from sales and royalties of records. Although 'Careless Whisper' was a George Michael solo song, it was credited as being co-written by Andrew. He still receives thousands of pounds each year from his share of 'Careless Whisper' royalties alone.

"So George Michael wrote Careless Whisper at 17, but when it was released when he was 21 he added Andrew Ridgeley to the writing credits so he would never worry about money.

I knew it

then again

I didn't

interesting to find that out after all these years

Anyone heard this band? Maruja? https://marujaofficial.co.uk/

Based in Manchester - was thinking of going watching them - sort of Jazz Punk, only got a few songs out but really like the sound of them. They are playing the Manchester Psych Festival this september - that looks like a great festival, would certainly be getting tickets if I was up North.

Anyway - this song is belting;

2 hours ago, Smiley said:

and he lives happily ever after surfing Kered Woodward Down Cornwall.

Nice guy, the jammy prick