Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

It's not so much, had a bad gig in London but did it with a lot of grace and humour.

Still the best live band I've ever seen, sorry they pissed all over Pearl Jam for pure rock n roll joy.

GnR have got gradually worse whereas PJ continue to reach higher levels.

Early GnR gigs were indeed joyous lunacy.

Saw them at Maine Road when Soundgarden and Faith No More made them look like amateurs

50 minutes ago, Spider said:

Saw them at Maine Road when Soundgarden and Faith No More made them look like amateurs

There will have to disagree. I like pearl jam, but never been a huge fan, they were a bit dull.

GnR have never been dull, ludicrous, daft, up their own arses but joyous.

I don't ever listen to PJ really but not a week goes by I don't listen to guns n roses.

1 hour ago, Gonk said:

It's not Slash, it's Westy from Pompey with his top hat, bell and bugle

Come to think of it i was stood next to Westy at Donny 06 watching England V Paraguay on the big screen.

Though Slash wasn't in the band at that point think it was that twat with the KFC bucket on his bonce 

7 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Come to think of it i was stood next to Westy at Donny 06 watching England V Paraguay on the big screen.

Though Slash wasn't in the band at that point think it was that twat with the KFC bucket on his bonce 

Buckethead- despite his silly name and garb - is actually an amazing and respected guitarist. His solo albums are worth tracking down.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Spider said:

That sounds like an ace day out, some line up that 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Zico said:

That sounds like an ace day out, some line up that 

It was. June 1992.

Soundgarden had just released badmotorfinger and opened up. Half the crowd didn’t know them, but the other half certainly did. Jesus Christ Pose was their last song and the mosh pit was sheer carnage. No mobile phones, just a sea of bodies fighting. Ace.

Faith no more we’re in the phase where Mike Patton would bring bin bags on stage and the crowd would throw all sorts of shit at the band. Again, amazing set.

Then we all had to wait about 2 hours because Axl Rose had apparently fallen out with the band and refused to get on his helicopter until he’d had enough heroin to forget why he’d been arguing. In fairness they came on and did a great set, but another half an hour of waiting and the crowd would have ripped the Kippax to pieces.

Just remembered it was also the day my brother tried chatting up a girl in a wheelchair but he was drunk and one of his false teeth came out and landed on her lap as he was asking her if she’d be interested in him taking her home. She threw the tooth into the the crowd and started crying.

Amazing day.

Edited by Spider

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Has anyone else seen the reaction to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon 50th anniversary artwork? Utterly brilliant and mind boggling at the same time.

Your lot innit

Bolty was right, it’s all come home to roost….