Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

Just started Auschwitz:  The Nazis and the Final Solution on Netflix for the third time.

I'd implore anybody who hasn't watched this to do so.

The two old SS men in it really do make your skin crawl. One seems to still think he did nothing wrong, whilst another now, almost begrudgingly, seems to accept it probably wasn't right.  Both of them though are pretty adamant that at the time, it felt like the right thing to do. Incredible just how brainwashed they were.

3 hours ago, DazBob said:

Just started Auschwitz:  The Nazis and the Final Solution on Netflix for the third time.

The two old SS men in it really do make your skin crawl. One seems to still think he did nothing wrong, whilst another now, almost begrudgingly, seems to accept it probably wasn't right.  Both of them though are pretty adamant that at the time, it felt like the right thing to do. Incredible just how brainwashed they were.

I am gonna give hunting hitler a go. you seen that?

19 hours ago, Ani said:

Anyone watching this hunting pedos thing ? 

horribly compulsive

recording it to watch in one hit

5 hours ago, DazBob said:

The 6-parter that was on BBC ages ago?
I re-watched it recently. They're a pair of old cunts who need a good shoeing

55 minutes ago, Traf said:

recording it to watch in one hit

The 6-parter that was on BBC ages ago?
I re-watched it recently. They're a pair of old cunts who need a good shoeing

Yes, quite possibly. 

Think I've seen another Auschwitz type series wherr the worst of the two old duffers is being pursued for war crimes. Can't remember what that's called though. Pretty sure he's dead now though, we can only hope it was a painful death.

37 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Yes, quite possibly. 

Think I've seen another Auschwitz type series wherr the worst of the two old duffers is being pursued for war crimes. Can't remember what that's called though. Pretty sure he's dead now though, we can only hope it was a painful death.

One was tried the other year and found guilty. Think it was him who wore glasses as a kid and was book keeper/accountant. Very arrogant old bastard. Could be called Oksar Geurning, something like that 

• Members
8 hours ago, DazBob said:

Ever been Daz?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Yeah, about 10 years ago.

I'd recommend everybody goes once in their lifetime. For the good of humankind it should never, ever be forgotten.

I've been 

Auschwitz was one thing 

Birkenau quite another 

Purely because of the scale and the fact it was effectively a train station with the last stop being gas chambers on a mass scale 

Chilling 

Though the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum was "worse", left me mentally and emotionally drained

1 minute ago, Zico said:

I've been 

Auschwitz was one thing 

Birkenau quite another 

Purely because of the scale and the fact it was effectively a train station with the last stop being gas chambers on a mass scale 

Chilling 

Though the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum was "worse", left me mentally and emotionally drained

Killing fields in Phnom Penh were brutal. Could see scraps of children’s clothing in the graves and bits of bone just under the surface. Did the tour round the concentration camp/prisons where they were held and tortured and then onto the killing fields.

drank myself senseless that evening just couldn’t believe what we had seen. Truly horrific 

23 minutes ago, Zico said:

I've been 

Auschwitz was one thing 

Birkenau quite another 

Chilling 

Aye, Birkenau was the worst of the two. Just the whole scale of it. Also the first time you see the building that goes over the train track, an image you've seen hundreds of times, but seeing it for real really sends a chill down your spine.

33 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Killing fields in Phnom Penh were brutal. Could see scraps of children’s clothing in the graves and bits of bone just under the surface. Did the tour round the concentration camp/prisons where they were held and tortured and then onto the killing fields.

drank myself senseless that evening just couldn’t believe what we had seen. Truly horrific 

I found Ground Zero hard enough no idea what I would be like at some of these places. The little chapel by Ground Zero got me

• Members
48 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Yeah, about 10 years ago.

I'd recommend everybody goes once in their lifetime. For the good of humankind it should never, ever be forgotten.

Yeah totally agree. Changed my outlook on life