Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

• Moderators

Done House Of Maxwell on iPlayer 

Very good, very insightful 

I knew RM was a mogul who stole pensions and fell off his boat, but that was about it 

Interesting how it all has a knock on effect to GMs relationship with Epstein

• Members
7 hours ago, deane koontz said:

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Better Call Saul, problem is i can remember next to fuck all from the last series. It happens every time 🙄

Think I need a whole highlight episode when there's a new series

I decided to rewatch the new Dune Part One in light of all the moaning as I thought it was more accessible than Lynch's version and it is as it doesn't try and do everything in one film and the overall look is more commercial. It does lose something not watching it at the pictures but I'm not sure why folk are getting so lost, its basically Star Wars (or rather Star Wars is Dune as Lucas borrowed so heavily from it)

- There is a chose one who will bring balance

- Its set on a sand world like Star Wars and the premier currency is Spice

- There is an evil emperor

- The Bene Gesserit are the Jedi, a religious order who can perform mind tricks

- The Chosen One joins the Rebels

- They use swords not guns (both ripped off samurai legacy asthetics)

Its Star Wars for grown ups (and not that grown up to be honest) Give it another whirl and think Blade Runner pacing rather than space shoot 'em up.

• Members
8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Im about 6 years behind but stranger things?

Any good?

Watched the first one, it was ok.

Doesn’t get better than the first IMO, rapidly turned into a kids show with a couple of monsters and some Russians 

Edited by Rudy

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Any good?

did the first series, was decent enough

but not enough to make me stick with it

got the feeling it would just be a long drawn out affair that doesn't really have to end or go anywhere

Apparently the idea of Stranger Things was a bit like Tales of the Unexpected and each series would be a different story, but the first series was so successful that they carried on with a story that had pretty much ended by the end of series one.

So yeah, watch that one, and don't bother with the other two because it's just a load of nostaligia for the unremebered 80s for people who were too young first time around without a story.

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Any good?

I’m against the grain here and it’s one of my favourite shows. Planning to watch the first 3 series again across 2/3 days before season 4. 

it isn’t for everyone and the points raised by the others are valid. But I love it 

• Members
4 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I decided to rewatch the new Dune Part One in light of all the moaning as I thought it was more accessible than Lynch's version and it is as it doesn't try and do everything in one film and the overall look is more commercial. It does lose something not watching it at the pictures but I'm not sure why folk are getting so lost, its basically Star Wars (or rather Star Wars is Dune as Lucas borrowed so heavily from it)

- There is a chose one who will bring balance

- Its set on a sand world like Star Wars and the premier currency is Spice

- There is an evil emperor

- The Bene Gesserit are the Jedi, a religious order who can perform mind tricks

- The Chosen One joins the Rebels

- They use swords not guns (both ripped off samurai legacy asthetics)

Its Star Wars for grown ups (and not that grown up to be honest) Give it another whirl and think Blade Runner pacing rather than space shoot 'em up.

I’m actually impressed, you’ve made it sound worse.

No idea if this has been covered in one of the footy threads but just caught that ‘Robbo’ documentary on Amazon re Bryan Robson

Decent watch. Take the fact that he played for THEM out of it when THEY were a little bit shit and it’s not bad

Top player. Will never think of him in a red shirt. Always remember him in that green and yellow Albion away shirt with his fucki h awful perm and if I’m right he scores at Burnden in the programme

One of those folk that no matter who he played for (Albion, Utd) or managed (Boro) I just can’t dislike