Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

On 04/06/2023 at 06:22, Zico said:

Little things like that make you realise you're in a foreign country

The only two times in my life I’ve genuinely been frightened for my own safety were in a boozer down by the markets in Belfast when the landlady was like the one in The Slaughtered Lamb in American Werewolf In London, and when I was asked the time walking down the street in Sandy Row. I may as well have been in Kabul or Mosul

• Site Supporter

A one-off documentary, Vicky McClure, My Grandad’s War follows Vicky McClure as she looks at her grandad’s efforts on D-Day as a RN signaller on a Tank Landing Craft.

They went together to France where they visited the beach they landed on and the local War Memorials. It all got rather dusty in my house as complete strangers approached the 97 year old thanking him for his service. 

There aren’t many left.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, MickyD said:

A one-off documentary, Vicky McClure, My Grandad’s War follows Vicky McClure as she looks at her grandad’s efforts on D-Day as a RN signaller on a Tank Landing Craft.

They went together to France where they visited the beach they landed on and the local War Memorials. It all got rather dusty in my house as complete strangers approached the 97 year old thanking him for his service. 

There aren’t many left.

McClure always seems to turn out a decent show

She made that dementia choir interesting

• Members

Nearly two series' of Suck Session down now. As is mostly the case, the WWays court of TV opinion was bang on and I am glad that I listened and laboured through the early episodes.

A rather brilliant writer. The missus roars laughing at no. 2 son. I think all of the characters are superb and perfectly cast.

Cheers again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

Tonight on the Telly:

7pm: The News with Romesh - All the latest headlines delivered in a smug, condescending tone by Britain’s least amusing newsreader. 

7.30pm: Romesh Street - Joyless parochial soap opera. Tonight, Romesh is given a sackful of money for simply turning up.

8pm: Romesh SuperVet. Romesh Rangathanananthan bores dozens of pet owners shitless whilst he has their pets incinerated.

9pm: Romesh Gogglebox - A punishing hour of footage from Romesh’s living room. Tonight, Romesh is braying like a massive wanker at re-runs of his own stand up whilst eating lightly grilled £50 notes delivered directly from BBC license payers.

10pm: 10’o clock news - Romesh updates a jaded nation about his day’s activities, which have mainly involved being given TV shows despite the fact he’s less amusing than gangrape.

10.30pm: Question Time - Romesh Rangafuckinghellhe’sonthebastardtellyagainathan takes questions from a hand picked audience of Vegans and the walking dead. Someone will ask him about his wonky eye probably. Did you know he has a wonky eye? Christ, wait til he tells THAT anecdote. You’ll shit yourself.

11pm: Romesh:The Movie - Network exclusive showing of the highly anticipated biopic about Romesh Ranganathazzzzzzan. Charting his life from a dull childhood to an even fuller adulthood, this will make sure you nod off and get a good nights sleep. 

1am - 6am: Closed. Just a picture of Romesh looking at you. All night.

• Moderators
On 16/06/2023 at 08:07, Spider said:

First black mirror episode is clevvveeerrr

started well but by the end thought it was pretty poor by their standards

the second one, Loch Henry, much better, much more like it

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Zico said:

started well but by the end thought it was pretty poor by their standards

the second one, Loch Henry, much better, much more like it

Mixed bag.

Loch Henry is ace.

Mazey Day is plain odd

Demon 79, I loved

Overall though, you sense Brooker has used up the core ideas and is having to branch out a bit. No bad thing.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Enjoying Poker Face on Now. A sort of update on Murder She Wrote/80s TV mystery of the week starring Natasha Lyonne and loads of big name guest stars.

Worth it if you want a change of pace rather than a really in-depth binge type series.

Watched all of these, it was a bit of a slog in the end as its incerdibly samey.  I suppose its ok if you do them weekly rather than binge them

1 minute ago, barryk32 said:

Watched all of these, it was a bit of a slog in the end as its incerdibly samey.  I suppose its ok if you do them weekly rather than binge them

Yeah - couldn't watch it all at once, but good as an end of day sit down before bed. The problem is loads of series are really excellent but in depth and sometimes you just want 40 mins of decent TV you haven't seen before but nothing too taxing or long.