Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coventry 2 Wanderers 2

radcliffe white

IMO, Derik at right back was woeful, Trotter was terrible, there is no audible leader on the pitch, Madine could have/should have scored in the last few seconds, but a point away from home has got to be good, 4 hours there less than 2 hours back., saw a few lads I haven't seen for a while, a good day out

Great following today despite bad journey down, which was heightened by junior marple being sick out of the window down the A roads trying to avoid the m6.

Lot of poor performances, particularly Derrick and trotter. Thought spearing was immense and our equaliser was down to his last ditch tackle and then starting the move for the goal.

Issue for me is 1 point at Chesterfield and Coventry is not the sort of form a top 2 team can have, Coventry were poor and when we equalised, we should have gone on and won. That said, to play badly, come from behind twice and grind out a draw, might be a point well earned come May.

Home by 7.

Well that was grim...

As a team we never got going..

Individually, Taylor, Beavers & Ameobi had their worst games for us, Deryk showed that he's just as bad at full back as he is at centre half, Henry, Trotter & Vela were equally ineffective.....

Some of our "fans " were an embarassment, booing, abuse at Trotter (who wasn't the worst player ) & screaming to hoof the ball forward (to nobody )....

The ground has a railway station with no sign of any trains & a bus station with no sign of any buses...

Pluses......

Clayton looked lively, Madine gave them plenty of problems but was often isolated again, but Spearing was our best player by two country miles, a great example of leading by example !!

• Moderators

Well that was grim...

As a team we never got going..

Individually, Taylor, Beavers & Ameobi had their worst games for us, Deryk showed that he's just as bad at full back as he is at centre half, Henry, Trotter & Vela were equally ineffective.....

Some of our "fans " were an embarassment, booing, abuse at Trotter (who wasn't the worst player ) & screaming to hoof the ball forward (to nobody )....

The ground has a railway station with no sign of any trains & a bus station with no sign of any buses...

Pluses......

Clayton looked lively, Madine gave them plenty of problems but was often isolated again, but Spearing was our best player by two country miles, a great example of leading by example !!

whilst once again i make you bang on, taylor is a funny one

aye, he maybe shouldve created more for all the ball he had, but i dont think he stood out as much as the others you mention

deriks lack of knowing how to play full back was a big, big issue

i dont remember one decent ball into spearing or trotter all through the game

i thought spearing tried his best first half against the odds, but some of his late work really was exceptional

, taylor is a funny one

aye, he maybe shouldve created more for all the ball he had, but i dont think he stood out as much as the others you mention

I just judge full backs on their defensive work ( anything going forward is a bonus ) & this season Taylor has been a great defensive success for us, but today i thought he went missing a couple of times & missed a couple of tackles.......just a bit below his usual high standard, but i'm sure it was a one off maybe affected by the whole team having an off day.

Derick shouldn't be playing at rightback he struggled there last season like a fish out of water remember his nightmare at Preston ?

Ameobi will be a loss given that when he has the ball at least three opposition players are out of the game I know he fucks up & is inconsistent but he gives us something different & he tackles back to protect his fullback .

Beevers shouldn't have been beaten in the air for the first goal and trotters 'tackle' on the sideline was just embarrassing in the build up to their second, however still unbeaten and both scunny and sheff utd will slip at places they shouldn't, february when we play both Bradford and Sheff away consecutive matches will be interesting

• Site Supporter

Excusing trotter for the second goal is not irrelevant

whole team seemed to have switched off. And as you say can't blame him when he's not on the pitch.

Its every time he appears we seem to go bobbins. Perhaps as soon as the rest see his name on the sheet, their hearts sink as the realise they're going to be playing like they're a man short.

• Moderators

whole team seemed to have switched off. And as you say can't blame him when he's not on the pitch.

Its every time he appears we seem to go bobbins. Perhaps as soon as the rest see his name on the sheet, their hearts sink as the realise they're going to be playing like they're a man short.

fcuk me