Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Moderators

cheers, nice reference that

concentrates your mind a bit about what would be a good fee for our players

KA got some stick for only getting 2.5 million for a lad who had played half a season

its in the top 20 fees ever out of this division!

and as much as i like clough, delle alli was playing for england months after his move

The lad never stepped foot in this division so you'd have to compare him to championship fees

And what they paid for him was more likely relative to our financial predicament and not the league he was playing in our level of performance

As demonstrated by the clough fee we accepted, he was worth more than 2m and even more to us now, so it's a good job it was him who turned it down

• Moderators

As long as we keep our defence we will go up even without clough IMO, won't be pretty. But losing spearing or beevers would be worse than clough

I don't want to (or think we will) lose any of them but reckon we could cover losing beevers and spearing adequately enough to aim for a top 2 finish from the squad we've currently got, but not clough

• Moderators

The lad never stepped foot in this division so you'd have to compare him to championship fees

And what they paid for him was more likely relative to our financial predicament and not the league he was playing in our level of performance

As demonstrated by the clough fee we accepted, he was worth more than 2m and even more to us now, so it's a good job it was him who turned it down

i disagree - we were selling him as a skint team in division 3

i agree our financial predicament has a bearing on fees, just like any other club in this division - go up a league and if your wages stay the same, you are more able to turn down offers, pushing up the fee

specifically on clough, i reckon most teams in division 2 could better what we pay him

• Moderators

i agree our financial predicament has a bearing on fees, just like any other club in this division - go up a league and if your wages stay the same, you are more able to turn down offers, pushing up the fee

specifically on clough, i reckon most teams in division 2 could better what we pay him

No point in comparing his fee to players who played at this level, they will have been scouted against league one opposition, he wasn't, can't imagine we'd have got more if we'd stayed up

But we agree the fee wasnt related to ability

Edited by boltondiver

I don't want to (or think we will) lose any of them but reckon we could cover losing beevers and spearing adequately enough to aim for a top 2 finish from the squad we've currently got, but not clough

Clough refused to leave when we were MORE financially knackered than we are now.

Even if the club accept an offer, unless it's for a BIG team, I don't think he'll go.

He's Bolton through-and-through, that lad. Loves to be here.

It was an offer from Bristol city. As I recall he went down there but decided he it wouldn't advance his career much

Not sure what you mean by a big club, but as you put it in capitals I assume you mean a premier league team. But say if a Brighton or Derby came in for him and they are aiming at promotion do you not reckon he'd be off?

• Members

I can't see it. Where have you read that?

I haven't mate. Had a Brizzle City fan in my office the other day installing a new phone system. He noticed the BWFC stuff around the office and said they were after one of our midfielders and were 'coming in again for him'.

I hope it is all bollocks.

I haven't mate. Had a Brizzle City fan in my office the other day installing a new phone system. He noticed the BWFC stuff around the office and said they were after one of our midfielders and were 'coming in again for him'.

I hope it is all bollocks.

Comes the something when a Bristol City fan thinks they can start playing the' big club circling your best players' card :-)

Here's hoping that midfielder is Liam Trotter.

• Site Supporter

Right, its coming to that time, who do you want to see come in and who are you happy to let go?

Trotter out, and if possible Anderson back, (and if possible swap his loan for chungy).

Possibly another target man in- an exerienced head to come off bench if required; a bit like Cunningham did all those years back- got us over the line. A bit far field and obviously money would be an issue, but Peter "freak" Crouch on loan.

Chungy?????? Not a chance.

I reckon this kid we're on about getting from Liverpool is very much in the Clough mould which worries me.

I'd be happy to lose Moxey, Trotter, Dervite and Pratley to free up some wages.

In terms of who we bring in - I'm fairly happy as things stand.

Do you mean championship or league 2? Agree championships would pay him more but league 2 no chance, hasn't he signed new contract recently?

http://mobile.bwfc.co.uk//news/article/zach-clough-signs-contract-extension-2751316.aspx

Would imagine his new contract would be championship type wages.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Right, its coming to that time, who do you want to see come in and who are you happy to let go?

Trotter out, and if possible Anderson back, (and if possible swap his loan for chungy).

Possibly another target man in- an exerienced head to come off bench if required; a bit like Cunningham did all those years back- got us over the line. A bit far field and obviously money would be an issue, but Peter "freak" Crouch on loan.

Crouch would be brilliant not happening though, how about ALF?

• Moderators

Do you mean championship or league 2? Agree championships would pay him more but league 2 no chance, hasn't he signed new contract recently?

http://mobile.bwfc.co.uk//news/article/zach-clough-signs-contract-extension-2751316.aspx

Would imagine his new contract would be championship type wages.

championship = division 2

hes not on big money

Mentalist

Chungy?????? Not a chance.

I reckon this kid we're on about getting from Liverpool is very much in the Clough mould which worries me.

I'd be happy to lose Moxey, Trotter, Dervite and Pratley to free up some wages.

In terms of who we bring in - I'm fairly happy as things stand.

I would keep Pratley, but agree with Moxey, Dervite & Trotter. I'd like us to get shut of C Taylor & Proctor too, if possible and bring in better players as they have really been quite shit!

• Site Supporter

I would keep Pratley, but agree with Moxey, Dervite & Trotter. I'd like us to get shut of C Taylor & Proctor too, if possible and bring in better players as they have really been quite shit!

Pratley still able to contribute but would you change the side? If we could save his wages might be worth the gamble.