Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter

Lookman is 2/3 years younger than Clough I thought so imagine clubs would consider that too making the Charlton lad dearer I would think.

Maybe but Clough is hardly close to being old. A lot can happen in a career. One might play until he's 30, the other until he's 40. You just don't know which is which.

Maybe but Clough is hardly close to being old. A lot can happen in a career. One might play until he's 30, the other until he's 40. You just don't know which is which.

Certainly agree there are a lot of unknowns on how careers pan out but I would think two major factors for fee would be a premium for each year younger below 21/22 and England age group honours, if we were comparing with the Charlton lad. Equally there is an argument the Charlton lad hasnt ever scored in the Championship.

Saying that I would expect Clough to command a good fee and I'd say his price has inflated this season based on the last couple of months and I'd back KA and his lad to do a good deal if they wanted to.

Certainly agree there are a lot of unknowns on how careers pan out but I would think two major factors for fee would be a premium for each year younger below 21/22 and England age group honours, if we were comparing with the Charlton lad. Equally there is an argument the Charlton lad hasnt ever scored in the Championship.

Saying that I would expect Clough to command a good fee and I'd say his price has inflated this season based on the last couple of months and I'd back KA and his lad to do a good deal if they wanted to.

Think he may have scored past us last season, but still our financial position dictates a lot. If we got a 3-4 million pound offer for him, we'd be selling IMO.

Brentford paid Rochdale £750k for Scott Hogan the season before last, so little chance of £500k getting us much. Heard Karl Robinson waxing lyrical about Lookman on 5live the other week, reckons he's ready to make step up, but if he's worth £10m, Clough should attract £4-5 in my view.

Having said that, if KA can swat the suitors off for rest of season it'll end up being worth more to us if he helps us get up and enhances his valuation further in the process

Selling Clough for three million would be a result if Parkinson got 500k of it to get a 15 -20 league 1 striker ......oh hang on are the books in yet ?

A 15-20 goal scorer would be great. But we'd get relegated because we'd lose 4-1 every week as the ball would be coming back at our defence every 2 minutes.

• Site Supporter

I'm very happy with what we are doing now. Winning games and not conceeding many, I'd have given my left bollock for that last season.

I didn't think we would go up but having seen the division I now think we will.

We would struggle in the championship though but let's get to that bridge first before we attempt to cross it

I don't think this squad would need too many additions if we go up.

Desperately need strikers, and I would also add full backs in that as well, but rest of the squad doesn't look too shabby.

We would still have a few leave die to wages though, even if we go up, I doubt Spearing and Pratley would be staying