There's absolutely no logic in this

As Eavesy will point out, the ball will be flying a yard over his head

He's not going to be owt but one of a two and we only have a one

And his wages?

A non starter for me, unless Vela and Clough are both off

And a week back, Clough knew nowt about going anywhere

And he won't improve our results

Other than that, sounds bob on

I thinks exactly the type of sniffer that gets you promotion and exactly what we are missing. Especially away from home.

He would at least give Madine some outlet for the odd time he wins a header.

Clough needs 5 chances to score 1.

And his wages?

I decided it was a non starter when I read it came from Nixon

Why do people just automatically think of the straight starting 11 when discussing a potential signing? It was the same about Clayton the other day.

Alf would give us an option to change things mid game. As it's stands we go a goal down away from home and we've pretty much fucked it. We threw the kitchen sink at cov but that's unsustainable.

Against scunny Clough was terrible, not involved at all. They did a job on him but we little options to change it. The big away games coming up will see the same imo. As it stands keep Clough quiet and you've cracked it.

Clayton, pratley and hopefully a singing like Alf brings us options. It's all good.

• Site Supporter

Why do people just automatically think of the straight starting 11 when discussing a potential signing? It was the same about Clayton the other day.

Alf would give us an option to change things mid game. As it's stands we go a goal down away from home and we've pretty much fucked it. We threw the kitchen sink at cov but that's unsustainable.

Against scunny Clough was terrible, not involved at all. They did a job on him but we little options to change it. The big away games coming up will see the same imo. As it stands keep Clough quiet and you've cracked it.

Clayton, pratley and hopefully a singing like Alf brings us options. It's all good.

Agreed. Most have said if we had Billy Sharp we'd be pissing the league - well ALF could be our Sharp. Having a natural goal scorer is never a bad thing. How many points did Klasnic win us or Ricketts coming off the bench.

I for one hope we get him much more than getting Sammy back or keeping Anderson

• Moderators

And his wages?

You know if PP is interested he may have a plan that involves changing our tactics/gameplan/approach to suit

It may not be a case of like for like, one in one out

And aye when he was last here we conceded as many / more than we scored but that team couldn't defend for shit, but we saw how well him and Clough worked up top

The game has changed but mcginlay/walker worked as did mcginlay/Blake so maybe there's a plan that doesn't involve one up top in every part of every game

It may not happen but I'd welcome any player of ALFs ilk as we still often look flat up front and been fortunate on more than one occasion we can rely on goals from elsewhere

If it was a simple case of Anderson going back and ALF on loan would be the biggest no brainer in history of football.

Depends how many ££££a are also involved.

Is Proctor a loan or a permanent ?

Proctor isn't a loan.

Even if this isn't bullshit, I think the one thing we can trust KA not to do is piss away bucketloads of money we don't have on someone the manager doesn't feel we need.

I'd imagine if we were to sign Alf, there surely would be a couple of departures to contribute towards his hefty wages? Isn't Alf on something like 15K a week? We'd obviously be saving some money now with Henry & Ameobi going back and possibly Anderson, but that would leave us very short in numbers if they wern't replaced.