Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

He’s right it’s transfer gossip so last post on this subject on here, you’ve been asked to join steering group to get your views across you didn’t take up that opportunity the invite is still open. It does not matter that you will most likely have a critical opinion, your opinion needs to be heard. Over to you.

Sorry I've been out all day so unable to respond earlier.

Thanks for your best wishes about my health.

There are a number of things I would like to comment on - such as the ST information about the club that people such as I are not privy to! - certainly not from Ken or the EFL, so where then, the bloke down the pub? - but I'll stick to the validation of a survey.

Survey's are not as simple to make as you might imagine, there is a whole science that goes into asking questions without prejudicing their replies by avoid building in bias, leading respondents to desired outcomes and ensuring that the surveys are answered by a complete cross section of the relevant population (not just limited to ST members).

Even the wording of the questions can lead to different outcomes depending how they are framed.

So a survey put together by a well intended amateurs in this respect, composing of questions with a bias towards a certain outcome (whether intended or not) and submitted to a group of people with the same mind set to complete and return - is quite frankly meaningless and certainly no mandate to be the voice for all Wanderers fans.

If you intend to do a proper survey then spend some of your ST money you have in the bank, employ professionals independent of anyone on the ST board for them to create, administer and run it, and have the survey be inclusive of a meaningful sample size of all Wanderers fans and not just those who sing from the same hymn sheet at the ST.

Don't just knock one up on Survey Monkey, send it around to all those left active in the ST and then proclaim it as a mandate as a voice to speak for ALL of us Wanderers fans.

Because you quite simply don't.

Edited by Sluffy

• Moderators

14k that’s about right for us innit. The rest just turn up for a party every blue moon then dissapear back shopping with the wife or moaning how shit Parky is, fuck um.

Was a blue moon this week and they were still nowhere to be seen