Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

If we do get that midfielder then I’d be very happy. I. The market we’re shopping in I’d be pleasantly surprised though. If it’s a loan then it’s likely to be an inexperienced younger lad, so I just can’t see it

Happy to get another striker but I don’t see them playing regularly so if they’re decent.....why come? Most loanees want game time

I’m not opposed to either TBF, just not sure it happens in practicality

Yeah I'm not thinking we will achieve that either. I struggle to see us getting a decent striker in now, without finding another Magennis like unwanted gem in league one who can do a specific job for us.

But I think this summer shows that recruiting players for a specific role works better for us than just adding "good players" generally. I'm sure Magennis isn't the best striker we could have signed. But for what we need he might be the "best" option. 

We need another front man. I would like to see us bring in a striker from L1or L2,on a loan to buy basis. We can try to develop them and in the long run they are our player/asset.

Stockley at Exeter would be a prime candidate

Agreed. Donaldson is fine for this season, but at 34 can only be a short term answer, so now would be a good time to gamble on a couple of young, lower league strikers in the hope that we can bring them on for the longer term.

I'm not writing him off, but Hall was so poor at Leeds that i'm now doubtful that he can make the step up to championship standard.....I think he needs to go out to Div1 /2 to see if he can step up to that level first.

I'm surprised that Ken has put a figure on our offer.......anyone we go in for now, the starting price will be £900.000 !!!!

You're assuming that the £900K is real....it might have been more, it might have been less (not that it matters)

I think Ken is shrewd enough to know the actual worth of a player, and won't be paying a penny more than he has to, no matter what the selling club say they want

You're assuming that the £900K is real....it might have been more, it might have been less (not that it matters)

I think Ken is shrewd enough to know the actual worth of a player, and won't be paying a penny more than he has to, no matter what the selling club say they want

He's said he has a value of a player and won't pay over the odds. Think he said it after that bloke went from Ipswich to Wigan

Plus as an ex agent he's savvy enough to know how these things work which a lot of owners probably don't

Think the 900,000 was for Garner but outbid by Wigan 1.2 million I beleive

Nah. He said recently, and clearly it was after the window closed. Loan with a permanent in January.

Anyhow, to me reads like Ken is hoping by saying this in public the club who turned it down might reconsider.

Was it for that MK Dons lad?

Can’t see that this has already been posted. Nixon (I know) reckons we’re after an ‘ambitious’ striker target. Surely he’s not classing Jerome as that.

BOLTON. Latest striker target ambitious to say the least. Big wages. No harm in asking.