Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Moderators

Clough as well, he came out of nowhere for his Wigan debut and was ace that day

Hunt and Holden too back in the day, plenty good enough and got the chance, and did well

even Vela

think folk just wanted Samizadah, and a few like himm to be as good as he seemed to be in the academy and see his excusion as some sort of dropped bollock rather than sound judgement, but forget about all the ones who got a chance and did well

it would've been good though to still see them given a cup game or a sub apperance to see how they got on

Edited by ZicoKelly

Hold the back page! Here's one who might be coming IN. Jack Payne, a 24 year old attacking midfielder is linked to a move to Bolton. Others are interested, Birmingham and Oxford amongst them. Released by Huddersfield, he spent last season on loan and getting relegated at Bradford. He formerly played under Phil Brown at Southend; make of that what you will.

9 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Iles reiterating the point that he can't go for a development fee but we aren't In a particularly strong bargaining position. 

And then in the next sentence acknowledging that all Connell needs to do in this situation is hand in his notice and he can walk for free in a fortnight. 

44 minutes ago, Mannyroader said:

Hold the back page! Here's one who might be coming IN. Jack Payne, a 24 year old attacking midfielder is linked to a move to Bolton. Others are interested, Birmingham and Oxford amongst them. Released by Huddersfield, he spent last season on loan and getting relegated at Bradford. He formerly played under Phil Brown at Southend; make of that what you will.

He's a cracking little player, shame he's just 5'5 though.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17736317.celtic-target-connell-told-he-cannot-tear-up-contract-at-bolton/

Connell trying to rip up his contract. Admins say no. 

Probably best to leave to new owners - suspect now only way is to sell as he doesn't want to be here. I cannot blame him but we need to build a squad of players who really want to fight for us. 

5 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

is luca now a cunt?

or rather, his agent?

He's doing the sensible thing for him. And will be instructed by his agent. However, plenty of people lose it if senior players want to leave. 

End of the day he doesn't suit what we're going to be trying to do in league one - scrap our way to safety in a physical league - so its probably for the best all round. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

who said we are scrapping?

we have absolutely no idea at the moment, as we dont have a squad.

Ah but remember teams have to average 7feet 2 in height and be built like brick shit houses to be successful in league one. No room for a bit of football, it's all about twatting it in a pragmatic, hopeful fashion.

Oz doing well for Walsall and voted into the team of the year was an anomaly, or maybe even a myth.

10 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

who said we are scrapping?

we have absolutely no idea at the moment, as we dont have a squad.

We're either going to be scrapping for survival or surrendering. I'd rather try and stay up. And by scrapping I simply mean fighting for every point possible. How we do it, is to be determined. 

And the bit about "not having a squad" is key to the fact that we're going to be piecing something together. As an 18 year old sticking around for a relegation battle in league one with a squad that doesn't exist yet - I suspect it makes sense to go somewhere where you know the score and know what role you'll have and the playing time can be adjusted to your development. 

1 hour ago, HomerJay said:

is luca now a cunt?

or rather, his agent?

Luca “I’ve read in the media that lots of big clubs are interested but I think at this age it’s important to be playing. Then hopefully the money will come with that. 
“I'm sure that my agent will have something sorted out for me one way or the other and with what's best for me"

Alan Stubbs made over 150 appearances and helped get us promoted twice before coming out with similar.Luca made 10 appearances and didn't score one goal