Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

He was always promising as a youth player, but ended up a casualty of the mass exodus/cost cutting exercise after relegation in 2016.

Lost his way somewhat, battling with mental health issues, but isn't costing anything, so always worth a second look IMO.

Re: the mental health of players, which is rightly becoming a bigger issue, Sharon Brittan has done plenty of work in that field and the club are looking to do more for players on that score.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

He was always promising as a youth player, but ended up a casualty of the mass exodus/cost cutting exercise after relegation in 2016.

Lost his way somewhat, battling with mental health issues, but isn't costing anything, so always worth a second look IMO.

Re: the mental health of players, which is rightly becoming a bigger issue, Sharon Brittan has done plenty of work in that field and the club are looking to do more for players on that score.

That is good as clearly mental health is a massive issue across society, hopefully some works at the club can help encourage fans also to seek help. 

Widnes run an offload campaign thing which seems pretty good. 

1 hour ago, Big E said:

That is good as clearly mental health is a massive issue across society, hopefully some works at the club can help encourage fans also to seek help. 

Widnes run an offload campaign thing which seems pretty good. 

That offload campaign is really good. They ran sessions at my old workplace, went to one with a colleague who's a big rugby league fan and was struggling after losing his dad. Phil Vieivers did the session my friend found the sessions really helpful. Would recommend to anyone struggling with mental health particularly if stigma is an issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

WANDERERS are hoping to lure out-of-contract winger Ben Marshall for a trial this week.

Keith Hill wants to bring the 28-year-old former Leicester City and Blackburn Rovers midfielder to Lostock for a few days to see whether a deal can be done.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17937452.bolton-confirm-interest-ex-norwich-blackburn-winger/

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Marshall is a decent player by all accounts but it suggests to me Hill doesn't hold out much hope in

1. keeping Verlinden beyond January if he's looking at another winger - either that or
2. he doesn't feel Politic is up to the job just yet

Both, I'd say.

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Just checked Doodoo record, seriously underwhelming, would much prefer Ben Marshall.

Marshall doesn't have a goalscoring record to speak of. Dodoo is young and quick - we don't have much pace in the front line. He's not played much football but he might come off.

Clearly Marshall is the better experienced pedigree. played at a higher level - we could sign him as well I guess. Anyone we get is not exactly going to be without significant drawback.