Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

15 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

Get this guy in Muhammadu Faal from the conference look at his goal scoring record & we can get him on a free as well. Sure we had him on trail at some point? Seen some shit link we are linked with probably not correct been linked with a few teams.

He's with Enfield in Tier 7. Seems you lot are favourites to sign him.

18 minutes ago, green genie said:

He's with Enfield in Tier 7. Seems you lot are favourites to sign him.

My local team, although unfortunately I don’t get chance to go and see them. He has 24 goals in 25 starts this season - twice as many as the next highest goal scorer. 

16 hours ago, Morizio said:

Heard recently that FV, good people but no money and we are basically still in the shit. 

Hope I’m wrong but I’ve a feeling that this is going to be a very disappointing window. 

You heard wrong. 

But we're in a transfer embargo and having access to money is different to wanting to chuck it away on a football club.

FV will run us well. They aren't going to buy our way up the leagues though. They said that as soon as they arrived. We'll have a stable club living by its own means. That might mean we are now a lower league club for the foreseeable. So be it. 

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, Big E said:

What a shit comment. Industry standards dictate wages. 

Get to fuck. £100k pa for being a fairly shit footballer sounds great wages to me. 

If you think any of our players are currently worth that please draw up a list. 

Average league one salaries are apparently £1700-£2500 - so we're bang in the middle there. League 2 is £1300-£1500. So we're way above the average.

We've signed likes of Bridcutt, Daryl Murphy etc within the restrictions. The squad we have is more than good enough to stay up (and would have done comfortably without the -12 points). One might argue with less injury misfortune and better management even with the 12 point deduction we may have had a good chance. 

58 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Get to fuck. £100k pa for being a fairly shit footballer sounds great wages to me. 

If you think any of our players are currently worth that please draw up a list. 

I would say as it’s what the industry pays its normal. People need forget Compairing it to real world. 

6 minutes ago, Big E said:

I would say as it’s what the industry pays its normal. People need forget Compairing it to real world. 

Its like when people see an in demand actor or actress get millions of dollars for a movie or TV role then say "but I work 60 hours a week for a million times less". The fact is that there is a going rate in the industry and if someone is sought after they can attract the top end of that. Just like any other industry. If you want to earn that money you need the talent to trade against it. 

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Average league one salaries are apparently £1700-£2500 - so we're bang in the middle there. League 2 is £1300-£1500. So we're way above the average.

We've signed likes of Bridcutt, Daryl Murphy etc within the restrictions. The squad we have is more than good enough to stay up (and would have done comfortably without the -12 points). One might argue with less injury misfortune and better management even with the 12 point deduction we may have had a good chance. 

Perhaps we need to pay a little more than average wages to get better than average players to eventually get back up?

Obviously more to it than just money, but it does help.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Perhaps we need to pay a little more than average wages to get better than average players to eventually get back up?

Obviously more to it than just money, but it does help.

The league 2 average is skewed by 1 or 2 clubs. A lot in that league are on £500 a week. So I don't see the restriction as being an obstacle as long as proper decisions are made.

There are financial restrictions for all league 1 and 2 clubs (spending limits tied to turnover) that would in effect reduce us to this sort of spending regardless. 

1 minute ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

You of all Parky apologists must realise how much opposition strikers cost in this league 😊

Daryl Murphy is a good goalscorer at this level. I think this salary makes getting out of league one a bit trickier. Staying in it though? Shouldn't be an issue - from an even start of course. 

23 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The league 2 average is skewed by 1 or 2 clubs. A lot in that league are on £500 a week. So I don't see the restriction as being an obstacle as long as proper decisions are made.

There are financial restrictions for all league 1 and 2 clubs (spending limits tied to turnover) that would in effect reduce us to this sort of spending regardless. 

Folk need to realise these restrictions and stop making uninformed comments re the new owners and their 'lack' of funds. Even if they havent a pot to piss in they saved the club and have done nowt wrong since they got here. Also IMHO wrong to start sniping at Hillcroft as well.

We are scratching around but i agree we can work within the limits and gradually pull ourselves up

40 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

100’s in the pot you get paid peanuts

1000’s you get tenners

millions you get thousands 

Billions you get millions

Its as simple as that. 

Largely spot on.  The only exception would be 90% of the EFL

Thousands in the pot but millions going out.  Economics of the mad house

• Members
10 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Largely spot on.  The only exception would be 90% of the EFL

Thousands in the pot but millions going out.  Economics of the mad house

That’s the gamble. Make it back to the prem you’re quids in go for it and miss out and you’re well us 😁