Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Members

I’ve never seen so many superlatives for a guy who’s best part of his game was chesting it down. 
He was average at best and that wasn’t for very long.

And he called Neil Lennon Scottish which makes him thicker than a whale omelette.

Edited by Rudy’s Message

Depends how Blackpool set up. He looked OK in a Parky side because literally the whole game plan was based around him. The fact that PP wasn't in like a shot when the opportunity arose speaks volumes for me.

Sure he'll do ok. But he wasn't a world beater before us, with us or after us - so I doubt much has changed.

22 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

I’ve never seen so many superlatives for a guy who’s best part of his game was chesting it down. 
He was average at best and that wasn’t for very long.

And he called Neil Lennon Scottish which makes him thicker than a whale omelette.

Average compared to what? In our side he was head and shoulders above anything else we had up front. Not worth 6M but still. 

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

Depends how Blackpool set up. He looked OK in a Parky side because literally the whole game plan was based around him. The fact that PP wasn't in like a shot when the opportunity arose speaks volumes for me.

Sure he'll do ok. But he wasn't a world beater before us, with us or after us - so I doubt much has changed.

Spot on. Fanny5 wrong again .

2 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

Amazing how much better we were once we’d got rid of madine eh?

Weve really pushed.

No we were a lot worse without him as our whole game plan revolved around him. Doesnt make him a 'phenomenal' signing though or antyhing other than a bully, a violent waster and a bog average third division player.As has been said he had a purple patch with us hoofing it up to him ALL the time giving him the free kicks etc.

Anyway fuck Gary Madine. 

1 minute ago, snowball said:

No we were a lot worse without him as our whole game plan revolved around him. Doesnt make him a 'phenomenal' signing though or antyhing other than a bully, a violent waster and a bog average third division player.As has been said he had a purple patch with us hoofing it up to him ALL the time giving him the free kicks etc.

Anyway fuck Gary Madine. 

And fuck Phil Parkinson for playing that shit football and never, after the lump left, having the knowhow to change the style of play.

On the new kid we have signed to the end of the season I hope he does well for us but what happened to the planning for the future bit? 

9 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

On the new kid we have signed to the end of the season I hope he does well for us but what happened to the planning for the future bit? 

In terms of signing established players on long contracts, Emma said at one of the supporters meetings it isn't possible because of wage restrictions imposed as a punishment of going into administration.The club is basically fucked for two more seasons after this one as a minimum.Unless a managerial genius can get results with a different bunch of short term loans every window

38 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

In terms of signing established players on long contracts, Emma said at one of the supporters meetings it isn't possible because of wage restrictions imposed as a punishment of going into administration.The club is basically fucked for two more seasons after this one as a minimum.Unless a managerial genius can get results with a different bunch of short term loans every window

I was thinking the same thing thought we were planning for the future then get another loan who won’t be staying . Take the heavy defeat have caused a change of approach for now . As  for the embargo Did here the gmr podcast this week and they mentioned  know one seems to know what the restrictions are there is no information from the EFL 

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Thought this season was included in a 2 year restriction, my understanding is next season only isn’t it? 

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Thought this season was included in a 2 year restriction, my understanding is next season only isn’t it? 

We came out of administration the last week of August 2019 so I would think the ban goes to the last week of August 2021 in which case the 2021/22 season is badly affected

3 hours ago, Farnywhite said:

I was thinking the same thing thought we were planning for the future then get another loan who won’t be staying . Take the heavy defeat have caused a change of approach for now . As  for the embargo Did here the gmr podcast this week and they mentioned  know one seems to know what the restrictions are there is no information from the EFL 

Fuck the EFL