Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Really, really pleased ( & a bit surprised ) to get Crawford signed up.

With Crawford,Darcy & Politic, we're going to need some minders, so Lowe next please.

& i'd keep Zouma, he's got a horrible mistake in him but he's also got some potential. Evatt was a centre half, so might be able to bring him on.

• Members
2 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

With Crawford,Darcy & Politic, we're going to need some minders, so Lowe next please.

& i'd keep Zouma, he's got a horrible mistake in him but he's also got some potential. Evatt was a centre half, so might be able to bring him on.

What defender at this level doesn’t have a mistake in them

Edited by Rudy

• Members
17 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Look at John stones

I rest my case 

Stop it 

9 minutes ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Exactly, there's a player in him & with the right coaching can only get better 

That’s the issue with young players especially defenders one mistake and they get hung out to dry 

They need to make mistakes

They need to develop 

They need that support, it’s not easy

1 hour ago, bolton va va said:

Agree on Zouma, lads got potential to be a very good player. 

Agree with lots of stuff on this thread, especially the fuck off Spearing sentiment. Money-grabbing cunt can do one.

He'd no sympathy for our financial plight. Part of the deal that brought him to the club involved us paying Liverpool an extra £100k if he played in more than half of a season's games, so 1 yr he went to Blackburn on loan as we couldn't pay the 100k and the season after, nobody wanted him on loan so he sat in the stands for half a season on £26k a week.

He could have funded that 100k at £4k a week himself and carried on playing. At 40% tax on his wages, it would only have been a £2600 (10%) salary sacrifice.

Then when his deal ended, he told the club he wanted the same wages again and was shown the door. 

Its probably the influence of the last few years but I'm refusing to get excited about football and what staff and players we have and haven't signed up til we start playing and actually started getting results in the pitch.

Too many false hopes from little Sam onwards

Just looking at our current squad on Wiki, it's going to be a very busy summer!

No.   Position Player
6 Republic of Ireland DF Ryan Delaney
11 Scotland MF Ali Crawford
19 England FW Muhammadu Faal
21 England DF Harry Brockbank
22 Romania MF Dennis Politic
26 England DF Liam Edwards
No.   Position Player
27 England MF Ronan Darcy
29 England MF George Thomason
34 England DF Adam Senior
35 England MF Sonny Graham
36 Wales MF Callum King-Harmes
43 England GK Matthew Alexander

Be busy for many at L1 and L2 level I would think. Very few tie people down to longer term deals. Majority are 1 or 2 years. 

but for the first time in many a moon we will be at the top of the pecking order. A window of excitement rather than dread on who we’re going to end up with 

8 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Its probably the influence of the last few years but I'm refusing to get excited about football and what staff and players we have and haven't signed up til we start playing and actually started getting results in the pitch.

Too many false hopes from little Sam onwards

Too true; I was so looking forward to seeing  Gerald (bloody El) Cid.

• Members
10 hours ago, Traf said:

Agree with lots of stuff on this thread, especially the fuck off Spearing sentiment. Money-grabbing cunt can do one.

He'd no sympathy for our financial plight. Part of the deal that brought him to the club involved us paying Liverpool an extra £100k if he played in more than half of a season's games, so 1 yr he went to Blackburn on loan as we couldn't pay the 100k and the season after, nobody wanted him on loan so he sat in the stands for half a season on £26k a week.

He could have funded that 100k at £4k a week himself and carried on playing. At 40% tax on his wages, it would only have been a £2600 (10%) salary sacrifice.

Then when his deal ended, he told the club he wanted the same wages again and was shown the door. 

And he looks like Gollum