Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Plus I also thought senior and edwards looked the better defenders.

Senior yes, Edwards absolutely not. 

I think Zouma on the right of a back 3 would have been a decent option but I'm more than happy with Brockbank and a signing with a bit more experience. I've seen Rhys Bennett being rumoured.

Zouma has potential but seriously needs to work on his positioning and rashness if he’s to make it.

Wish him all the best, not concerned that he’s gone though.

Edwards looked good before injury. A bit shaky after that, and he’s no spring chicken. He’s 24 this year. It’s make or break for him now

Edited by BWFC_LOVE

1 hour ago, meanderson93 said:

I think Zouma on the right of a back 3 would have been a decent option but I'm more than happy with Brockbank and a signing with a bit more experience. I've seen Rhys Bennett being rumoured.

I’m not part of the Brocky fan club I’m afraid, firstly he’s not a kid, he’s 22 and I haven’t seen him have a single good game. Even worse was his shocker at Gillingham, where he played a key role in 3 of the goals conceded. He needs to go out on loan and let’s see how he gets on. As of now, he is simply not good enough, even in the 4th Division, it’s sad to say!

Edited by white noise
Spelling

9 minutes ago, white noise said:

I’m not part of the Brocky fan club I’m afraid, firstly he’s not a kid, he’s 22 and I haven’t seen him have a single good game. Even worse was his shocker at Gillingham, where he played a key role in 3 of the goals conceded. He needs to go out on loan and let’s see how he gets on. As of now, he is simply not good enough, even in the 4th Division, it’s sad to say!

Me neither, Zouma has massive potential disappointed we didn’t retain him. 

Don’t think Hill was convinced with Brockbank either. Sure he was available for a while and didn’t make the squad. 

I think he can play but couldn’t tell you what position. Too short for centre half perhaps, filled in at right back, and also seen him considered as a midfielder too. Similar to Threlkeld in that respect. 

• Site Supporter

I hear Brocky’s attitude isn’t what it should be. I have every faith Evatt will either change that or ship him out before the season starts.

To be fair, we’ve had some strange managers in his time around 1st team. Make or break for him. His choice as to whether he makes a footballer

I think Brockbank could benefit from some weight training but from what I've seen of him he's similar to Senior. Good on the ball, not afraid of a challenge and reads the game well enough. I'd like him in that RCB position especially as the plan is to get the ball down and play some football. 

I think as a right back it wasn't his strongest position, lacks the pace to be impactful there, I think at first he was getting Holding comparisons which was clearly optimistic but there's definitely a good ball playing defender in there. 

I would very much question the suggestions of attitude issues, when he was leading the young lads at the start of the season he was nothing short of exceptional attitude wise.

2 hours ago, meanderson93 said:

His wiki page already has Bolton Wanderers 2020 -

Make of that what you will.

Brockbank is a grafter and will fill a shirt, nothing more. 

Never got the Zouma love-in. First touch is horrendous, second touch even worse and his positioning is dreadful considering he's not exactly 17. He'll play a few games in Swansea's U23 and be lost without trace by next summer.

We need an experienced first team keeper. We have a good youngster in Alexander.

Change of coach reminds me of when Coyle threw out Fred Barber. You know throwing out bloody good experience to get your own man in.

It's a sense of weakness not taking the best at your disposal.

3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Me neither, Zouma has massive potential disappointed we didn’t retain him. 

Pretty obvious Hill didnt rate him at all .It was 50/50 with me .I think that there is probably a player in there but maybe the lad has cloth ears .Worth a gamble in Swansea's position though .Good luck to him.

3 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Bolton. Name of Billy Crellin now on goalkeeper radar. Top kiddie at Fleetwood. Where keeper coach Gilkes came from. Poss loan.

Has Gilks even been confirmed? 

We aren't going to put a 20 yr old keeper with 20 senior appearances as 1st choice in what could be a make or break season.

Nixon seems to just post a lot of speculative shite that often doesn't come to pass.

Zouma had hill under minding him when things went Wrong he had never played at senior level At the start of the season  he was thrown in The deep end no senior centre half to learn off . 
 He as plenty of time to learn is trade and have a good Career at is age Swansea might make a good player of him yet 

22 hours ago, football_fan said:

No. I only saw Bolton against Pompey once and that's not enough to make a judgement. The Barrow/Portsmouth link is because I was born in Barrow and lived there until I moved to work in Portsmouth many years ago. So have an interest in both teams. Pompey and Bolton ended up in the same boat with good teams collapsing because their owners ran out of money and ended up in the hands of charlatans. Over the years that Barrow have been in the National League I try to get to as many away matches in London and the South as I can manage even though it's been painful to watch until Ian Evatt took over and transformed the team. You've now got Tom White on loan and he's a good player who does most things well but the 3 outstanding players in the team were Rooney, Quigley and Platt and 2 will still be at Barrow next season although you might well have got Platt if you had been able to sign him permanently. Rooney was the best of all and the best midfield player I've seen in all the years I've watched matches in the National League although his record was very uninspiring before he came to Barrow and Evatt played the football which meant a skilful midfield player could blossom instead of watching the ball being hit over his head for most of the game! I wouldn't be surprised at all if you end up getting him either on loan or permanent (although Stockport have an owner with money and are ambitious) because he has the same agent as Evatt.

Great insight, cheers.  I'm looking forward to seeing White.  Strange one with Rooney that he seems happy to stay in the conference, it sounds like he could have had a more sparkling career.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

Zouma had hill under minding him when things went Wrong he had never played at senior level At the start of the season  he was thrown in The deep end no senior centre half to learn off . 
 He as plenty of time to learn is trade and have a good Career at is age Swansea might make a good player of him yet 

I agree.

Can't win them all, and we move on.

If he's gone, then best of luck to him.