Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

56 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Great insight, cheers.  I'm looking forward to seeing White.  Strange one with Rooney that he seems happy to stay in the conference, it sounds like he could have had a more sparkling career.

As you know, the official reason given for Rooney leaving Barrow was that he didn't want to play at EFL level. However it could have been that Barrow wouldn't match Stockport's wages for a 29 year old or that Barrow wouldn't give him a 3 year contract at that age. Obviously only speculation and I know nothing more than anybody else but some Barrow fans seem to think he may have moved to Stockport so that you can get him on loan from them or could sign him when your transfer embargo is over which I'm guessing would be earlier than the 2 year agreement with Barrow not to sign any of their contracted players. I suppose the main reason for that speculation is that Evatt and Rooney have the same agent but, as I said earlier, Stockport seem to have rich owners now and are going to make a bit effort for promotion this season. As for White, I read today that Evatt has described him as doing a bit of everything and I would agree with that. He gets around the pitch well,  keeps possession well, keeps his position well and is a decent tackler. Unlike Rooney, he doesn't hit many long passes but doesn't give the ball away. I don't think he will score too many goals but a good allround midfield player. I'll be interested to see how he gets on at a higher level.

Edited by football_fan

14 minutes ago, football_fan said:

As you know, the official reason given for Rooney leaving Barrow was that he didn't want to play at EFL level. However it could have been that Barrow wouldn't match Stockport's wages for a 29 year old or that Barrow wouldn't give him a 3 year contract at that age. Obviously only speculation and I know nothing more than anybody else but some Barrow fans seem to think he may have moved to Stockport so that you can get him on loan from them or could sign him when your transfer embargo is over which I'm guessing would be earlier than the 2 year agreement with Barrow not to sign any of their contracted players. I suppose the main reason for that speculation is that Evatt and Rooney have the same agent but, as I said earlier, Stockport seem to have rich owners now and are going to make a bit effort for promotion this season. As for White, I read today that Evatt has described him as doing a bit of everything and I would agree with that. He gets around the pitch well,  keeps possession well, keeps his position well and is a decent tackler. Unlike Rooney, he doesn't hit many long passes but doesn't give the ball away. I don't think he will score too many goals but a good allround midfield player. I'll be interested to see how he gets on at a higher level.

youre not welcome here, with your fair and balanced opinion.

do you know your onions?

ever kissed a girl son?

HBAYT?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, football_fan said:

some Barrow fans seem to think he may have moved to Stockport so that you can get him on loan from them or could sign him when your transfer embargo is over which I'm guessing would be earlier than the 2 year agreement with Barrow not to sign any of their contracted players. 

I doubt Stockport agree to sign players and loan /sell them to us so we can get out of a contract 

A fit for purpose wing back Rather than shoe horning someone in 👍🏼

said it before and I’ll say it again, Evatt doesn’t want any of the barrow lot. He doesn’t need them. He’s clearly had his eye on certain players that probably would’ve been out of reach there. They aren’t here 

8 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

A fit for purpose wing back Rather than shoe horning someone in 👍🏼

said it before and I’ll say it again, Evatt doesn’t want any of the barrow lot. He doesn’t need them. He’s clearly had his eye on certain players that probably would’ve been out of reach there. They aren’t here 

He can’t have any of the barrow players was part of the deal when we took evatt. 

He sounds like a hungry young footballer with a career to forge. The type of signing we've rarely made. The other thing (as others have noted) is that there's a system in mind and we are signing players to fit it. No square pegs in round holes. I'm liking the rationale and the way we are cutting our cloth. 

5 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Jigsaw coming together nicely

2 year deals too (aside from Doyle) Which gives everyone some reassurance 

never a fan of the 12 months. Shows uncertainty on the player from the club, feels like the player is just desperate to be earning money and is a yearly transfer merry go round  

1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

I know that. But he wasn’t bothered about whether that was a condition or not as he didn’t want them anyway 

Spot on Barry. He and we wont be bothered by that condition whatsoever. Just a sop to Barrow and a tbf a re assurance to them he wouldn't dismantle their team

Hes had the whole league to look at, talent from lots of teams thats caught his eye

FV have a plan and looking good so far. Hopefully other fans who still think we are the same club on and off the field will get a shock sometime soon